UNC Chapel Hill
School and Career Project
Reason for choosing this school
- Family generation of Tar Heel fans.
- First family member to go to a popular university.
Tuition and Total Cost
- In state tuition- $8,340
- Room and Board- $10,008=
- Total Cost- $18,348
Location, Distance, and Size
- Location- Chapel Hill, NC 27599
- Distance- 1 hour 21 minutes and 83.1
- Campus Size- 729 acres
- Population-29,278 students
Traditions, Mascot, and School Colors
- Naked Run- When seniors, mainly males, meet at the library and run through campus naked.
- The Old Well- Every semester students line up on the sidewalk to drink from the old drinking fountain
- Mascot- Rameses
- School colors- white and Carolina blue
- GPA- 3.2 on a 4 scale
- SAT- 642 verbal, 660 math
- ACT- 29 composite
Sports Clubs Executive Board- a committee of student leaders that represent the Sports Club program. These students are chosen by the sports club staff and are provided with student leadership and involvement to the program.
Area of study
- Pre-Med.- 5,680 applicants; 4,692 Out of State, 988 in State.
- 671 applicants interviewed; 119 Out of State, 552 In State.
Graduation Rate and Possible Career Choice
- About 75% of freshmen usually graduate
- Pediatrician: Daily Task- Continue school after college and go to medical school.
Connection between school, degree, and career choice
- I like working with children and I hate seeing sick children. This degree is right for me because I want to be a doctor and I have take medical classes to get where i need to be.
Average Salary and Benefits of a Peditrician
- Average Salary- $130,629 per year
- Benefits- You get paid on holidays if you're not working on those days.