Were Stronger Together 11/16/15
Week at a Glance
Homeless Awareness Week November 14-22
Ms. Todd @ FHES
- Make-up and Group Pictures
- Bus Rider of the Month Celebration with Ms. Todd
Ms. Todd @ FHES
- Rice @ Principal's Meeting
- Pre-K Field Trip
- New Teacher's @ TIPS 3:30pm
- Outstanding Educator KIA Event @ Stuart Cramer @ 4pm
- McTeacher Night 5pm-8pm
Hardin host WIX Winning Ways 9:30am-1pm
- Cardinal of the Month Luncheon
MOY Assessment K-5 - Nov. 23-Dec. 18
- mCLASS -
- Star Math
- Star Reading
- Use Testing Cards on ring for best practices and guides mCLASS testing
- Teachers please pull out your calendars and chart out your testing schedule NOW
- All students need to be tested by Dec 17.
- We need to account for testing outages with Reading 3D as the entire state will be using the system.
- Please remember to sync often. . . once every hour or between students.
- Pause no more than 2 students at any given time.
- Upper grades (3-5) include DAZE in mCLASS
- AMC Test need a schedule also
- Letter Naming Fluency (LNF) - Starts K (BOY)
Phonemic Sounding Fluency (PSF) - Starts K (MOY/EOY)
Nonsense Word Fluency (NWF) Starts 1st (MOY/EOY)
-Calling Letter Sounds (CLS)
-Whole Words Read (WWR)
Dynamic Oral Reading Fluency (DORF) - Starts 1st (MOY/EOY)
-DORF Retell and Retell Quality
- DAZE - Enter scores into online program - Starts 3rd (BOY/MOY/EOY)
- TRC - Text Reading Comprehension
-------Oral comprehension - Answer 5 Comprehension Questions
--------(F-Z) Written comprehension
Teacher Classroom Observation Round-up
We have or will send pre-conference forms to you. These forms need to be returned within 24 hours of receipt. Face to face pre-conferences will be held as needed.
We will have a post-conference with you following the observation within 7 days of your classroom observation date.
It's Sweet To Be 75
It's Sweet to be 75
Even more make sure that your students understand that reading each day is essential to moving up in mCLASS, AR, STAR with NCE and lexile levels.
How do your student know which books to read. Who do you hold accountable for selecting books. You have choices...create a set of procedures for students to bookshop in your classroom. Use a lexile buddy system. Have students group books with similar levels for checkout. Send students to media with pre-selected titles or their personal lexile levels indicated for easy book finding or create a plan with our media specialist. Mrs. Kelly is always here to help!
More Info In PLC This Week
- Making Thinking Visible on Purpose
- Anchor charts build a culture of literacy in the classroom, as teachers and students make thinking visible by recording content, strategies, processes, cues, and guidelines during the learning process.
- Posting anchor charts keeps relevant and current learning accessible to students to remind them of prior learning and to enable them to make connections as new learning happens.
- Students refer to the charts and use them as tools as they answer questions, expand ideas, or contribute to discussions and problem-solving in class.