A Note from Dr. Hanson, Superintendent
Hello NPPS Families,
As we conclude this school year, we never imaged it would end with our students amid a global pandemic. A pandemic that has changed not only the face of how we educate in North Platte but across the world. I am incredibly proud of our students, staff, and families for your will to persevere in the face of uncertainty.
This past week we sat down with a member of the 2020 graduating class, Jack Carlson. Jack shared his views about being a senior during a global crisis.
Seniors, my advice to you is to stay strong, work hard, and go into this world knowing that you can make a difference if you so choose.
This month we would also like to thank our School Business Partners for your continued support of both current NPPS students and our graduates. In the briefing, you will find two videos that showcase how instrumental partnerships are in the development of students of all ages.
Dr. Ron Hanson, Superintendent
North Platte Public Schools
NPHS Senior Tribute Video & Newly Released Commencement TIME for the Class of 2020
- May 17, 2020: A video tribute to the Class of 2020 will be shared with students, families, and staff. This is to honor Seniors on what was their original Commencement Ceremony date.
- July 25th, 2020, at 2:00 PM CST: Commencement will take place on this date as long as we are able to follow safety guidelines established at the local, state, and federal levels.
- The location of Commencement is scheduled for the NPHS Athletic Complex.
- If guidelines allow, graduation practice will be held in the days prior to Commencement. Students that plan to participate in Commencement should attend this practice. The specific date and time of practice will be emailed to students and families in early July. This information will also be provided through automated phone calls to families.
- If local, state, and/or federal guidelines (i.e. Centers for Disease Control) do not allow for a single Commencement Ceremony (due to limits on social gatherings), NPHS will look to offer multiple, smaller ceremonies on July 25, 2020.
- If guidelines restrict social gatherings to even lower numbers, NPHS will look to conduct even more ceremonies over the course of July 24, 25, and 26.
- Any limitations on social gatherings may result in Commencement Ceremonies being moved to the NPHS Main Gym.
- If guidelines place restrictions on Commencement Ceremonies, this will be communicated to students and families via email. This information will also be provided through automated phone calls to families.
- Students that do not wish to participate in commencement, or are unable to participate, may still receive their diplomas, caps, gowns, and other graduation materials at an alternative time.
- Students that have completed all graduation requirements will have their transcripts finalized once all coursework is complete. Transcripts can then be forwarded to the student's college, employer, etc. Transcripts will show that the student has graduated from NPHS.
Watch and Learn
Recently Buffalo Elementary and West Central Research and Extension Center partnered together on a gardening project.
Click the video below to learn more!
Watch and Learn
Education, Internships, Community Business Partnerships Oh My!
NPPS is excited to share how one School Business Partnership turned in to a full-time career for 2017 NPHS graduate, Kort Steele.
Click the video below to see how this opportunity occurred!
The School Business Partnership Program enhances learning by connecting students and teachers to business partners resulting in learning experiences that are authentic and relevant in order to better prepare students for the future.
SODEXO - Food Services
Updated - Drive Through Breakfast & Lunch Pickup
North Platte Public School District Food & Nutrition Services Programs
UPDATE REGARDING MEAL PICK-UP
BEGINNING THE WEEK OF APRIL 4, 2020
Drive Through Breakfast & Lunch Pickup
NPPSD is providing pre-packed breakfast and lunch to children 18 years old and younger.
Monday - Thursday
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
There will be no meal program pick-up on Monday, May 18th this day is reserved for Technology Drop-Off
Drive Through Location Madison Middle School
1400 N Madison Ave, North Platte, NE 69101
1. Breakfast and lunch will be provided in pre-packaged bags for all community children ages 18
and younger Monday through Thursday until further notice.
2. Thursday pick-up, you have the option to receive breakfast and lunch meals for
Thursday and also meals for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. All meals are at no charge.
3. Pick-up times are from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
4. Children must be in the vehicle to receive their bags of food.
5. Enter from Jackson Avenue which is on the west side of Madison, through the alley, proceed
to the loading dock, stop and pick-up bags, exit to 14th street.
6. Please do not park and get out of your vehicle.
7. Please do not congregate or consume meals on-site.
LA DISTRIBUCIÓN DE COMIDAS SE MUEVE A LA PLACA DEL NORTE
ESCUELA SECUNDARIA QUE COMIENZA EL LUNES 4 DE MAYO.
Distrito de escuelas públicas de North Platte
Programas de servicios de alimentación y nutrición
Conduzca a través del desayuno y el almuerzo.
NPPSD va a trasladar la distribución de comidas de la Escuela Intermedia Madison a
North Platte High School efectiva el lunes 4 de mayo.
Continuaremos brindando un desayuno y almuerzo preenvasados gratis para
niños de 18 años y menores.
4 de mayo hasta nuevo aviso
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Conducir a través de la ubicación
North Platte High School
1200 West 2 nd Street
1. El desayuno y el almuerzo se proporcionarán en bolsas preempaquetadas para todos los niños de la comunidad de 18 años.
y menores, de lunes a jueves hasta nuevo aviso.
2. Los horarios de recogida son de 9:30 a.m. a 12:30 p.m.
3. Ingrese desde Jefferson Avenue, que está en el lado oeste de la escuela secundaria, continúe por
estacionamiento en frente de la escuela a la entrada entre el estadio de fútbol y el alto
edificio escolar, parada y recogida de maletas, salida a la calle A.
4. No se congregue ni consuma comidas en el lugar.
5. El jueves, la opción de recibir comidas de desayuno y almuerzo para viernes, sábado y domingo
también está disponible al recoger las comidas del jueves.
Chromebook & iPad Returns
For those students that have completed their work for the school year, you may turn your district Chromebooks or iPad in on the following dates:
Friday, May 15th, 10:00 am- 4 pm
Monday, May 18th, 10:00 am- 6 pm
Where: North Platte High School
Directions: Enter the NPHS parking lot from the west entrance. Look for signs and helpers who will direct you to the location for drop-off. You will not need to leave your vehicle, and staff will come up to your vehicle to pick up the device. This will be a similar path to how you picked up student Chromebooks.
Please remember to bring the device's power cord/charger. If the charger is not returned, you will be charged a cost for replacement.
If you have an iPad checked out, please return the iPad and charger in the zip lock bag that was provided during checkout or another bag.
Special instructions for those needing to keep devices past May 18th:
If your student still has school work they are completing and won't be finished by the May 18th return date, they may keep using the Chromebook or iPad until their school work is finished.
Also, if your student is participating in extended-year school services as arranged with their teacher, they can keep using the device until completion. After completion, please contact the Technology Dept. to make an appointment to return the Chromebook or iPad. The Student & Parent Technology helpline is 308-535-6060.
Drive Through Backpack Pickup
NPPSD is providing free pre-packed food packs to NPPSD children 18 years old and younger.
Every-Other Friday beginning, April 3, 2020, until further notice
Drive Through Location McKinley Education Center
301 West F Street, North Platte, NE 69101
- Packs will be provided in pre-packaged bags for all district children ages 18 and younger every-other Friday until further notice.
- Enter from F street and circle in front of the McKinley Education Center. Stop at the designated area, pick up your pack, then exit by turning left on Sycamore.
- Please do not park and/ or get out of your vehicle.
- Please do not congregate or consume meals on-site.
The distribution will be from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Every - Other Friday beginning April 3, 2020
May - Mobile Food Pantry
Tuesday, May 12th, 1pm
1220 West 2nd Street
North Platte, NE
Mobile Food Pantry
North Platte High School
1220 West 2nd Street
Tuesday, May 12th, 2020
1:00 pm – Until Food is Gone
This is an OPEN AIR, DRIVE THRU
Distribution. Patrons will drive their car through a line, and volunteers will bring the boxed food to the car. Free of charge. 325 Households will be served on a first come first serve basis. The Food Pantry is sponsored by Food Bank of the Heartland. Drive up to the gate by the Northeast corner of the football field. Patrons will drive through the alley between the football field and the high school building, exiting on West A Street. DO NOT PARK YOUR CAR for any reason, the boxes will be placed in your trunk or an open window.
Any problem. Any time. Raising kids is hard. The Nebraska Family Helpline is here to help. It is OK to ask for advice. Resources for parents & families available 24/7 (888) 866-8660
Coronavirus COVID-19 Nebraska Cases by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
Families across the country are adapting to the evolving changes in daily life caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join Us On Social Media
NPPS Mobile App
We are happy to share with our North Platte Public Schools community the release of our updated mobile app. The app is designed to get quick access to district and school information, news and events. You can access the new mobile app in both the Apple App Store and Google Play store. Simply search for "NPPSD" in either store. -- Brian Tegtmeier, Director of Technology.