WMS Friday Forecast
October 20, 2017 - Volume 9
D303 Parent University - October 23rd
Parent University in collaboration with Centennial Counseling Center and Creekwood Associates proudly presents: "Thriving not Surviving the Fall Frenzy: a Back to School Tune Up"
Event: Thriving not Surviving the Fall Frenzy: a Back to School Tune Up
Location: The Office, 201 E Main St., St. Charles - upper room
Date/Time: October 23, 2017; 6-8 p.m. (doors open at 5:45 p.m.)
Cost: $10 per person at the door (cash/checks only)
CLICK HERE for more details and sign-up information.
"Anonymous" Apps - Cautions for Today's Parents
PAPANICHOLAS COFFEE FUNDRAISER UPDATE
Our THIRD Turn-In date is NEXT MONDAY, 10/23 - NOTE CORRECTION. Every sale helps raise money for our Wredling Student's benefit. You can also purchase hot cocoa or a tea assortment!
CLICK HERE for a copy of the PapaNicholas Coffee Fundraiser sales form!
WMS HALLOWEEN GUIDELINES
This year at WMS we are going to allow costumes on Halloween (Tuesday, October 31). Here are my guidelines:
- All costuming must happen at home. That includes any hair of make-up.
- The costume must be school appropriate.
- There are no masks allowed.
- There can be nothing that you carry around that is extra. (ie. weapons, scythes, clubs, dolls, etc.)
- Teachers are expected to teach that day, though they may have Halloween themed lessons.
- There will be no Halloween parties. Or candy. Or other treats. Because you will get enough junk at night if you trick or treat.
- After Halloween, you can only bring a couple of pieces of candy per day. If you bring more, I will get it and eat it. Especially the Take 5's!
With Halloween coming up soon, here are some safety tips for your family!
Be in the know on what's happening with this fabulous team of volunteers who make things happen for our kids! There's a place for YOU to help out!
SEEN AROUND WREDLING...
WMS Night Hike @ LeRoy Oaks Forest Preserve
Autumn is the perfect time for a night hike and listening to stories around the campfire. Join us on Saturday, October 28th with naturalists from Kane County Forest Preserve as we explore the sights and sounds of nocturnal woodland animals and do some star-gazing at LeRoy Oaks Forest Preserve in St. Charles. See Mrs. LaGrassa in room 225 for a permission slip.
St. Charles Wrestling Club Open House Information
If you and your child are interested in a challenge like no other sport can provide, consider joining us. We offer separate instruction for beginners as well as those more advanced. For more information, please visit our website or call club director Howie Vitek at 630-728-6207. Register at stcewrestlingclub.net
Click here for downloadable version of the flyer below.