Coaching 3 P's
Review, Preview, and Problems: Sept. 21-25
- Attended Coaches' PLC on Monday at BRE. Great discussion on coaching relationships.
- Trained on Fountas & Pinnell LLI kits.
- Observed fourth grade math class and "debriefed" with teacher on engagement.
- Conducted John Collins Journal Trainings on Tuesday (OIS) and Wednesday (FOE).
- Analyzed Fall MAP scores to compare Spring 14-15 lower quartiles with Fall 15-16 lower quartiles.
- Worked with fourth and fifth grade on new RIT Band groups.
- Discussed Running Records and Spelling Inventories with fifth grade.
- Met with SpecEd teacher to help her administer a Fountas & Pinnell assessment. Discussed her goals for her students in reading. Decided to use a guided reading template to plan lessons based on the Continuum of Literacy Learning.
- Completed my initial GBE conference.
- Checked in with teachers on running records and spelling inventory progress.
- Check in on third grade's progress for their Fountas & Pinnell assessments.
- Prepare for and conduct John Collins Journal professional development.
- Grade-level meetings Tuesday and Wednesday
- Instructional Leadership meeting on Wednesday
- Literacy Committee meeting Wednesday afternoon
- District Coaches' meeting all day Thursday
- Meet with interventionist to discuss LLI kits.