December 7 - 11
All In, Mt. Gallant!
How We Win:
- Building and sustaining relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Improving our core instruction in the areas of Guided Reading, Lucy Calkins' writing, and Number Talks.
- Personalizing the MGES experience and learning for each child
Please remind students not to open the doors for any adult.
Email Address/Phone Change Form
Monday, January 4th
- 8:00 - 8:40 - 5th Grade
- 8:45 - 9:30 - 1st Grade
- 9:35 - 10:15 - 3rd Grade
- 10:20 - 11:00 - 4th Grade
- 1:00 - 1:40 - Kindergarten
- 1:45 - 2:30 - 2nd Grade
The remainder of the day is for your PLC time.
This year, we will be administering SCPASS online. Testing will take place over a 3-week window and completed in the computer lab. Fourth and fifth graders will take the science and social studies tests.
AP's were asked to share https://wbte.drcedirect.com/SC/portals/sc with teachers (use Chrome). You can go ahead and explore the site, but I suggest waiting until closer to testing dates to expose to students. The purpose is to allow students to become more familiar with the online testing format and to practice using the online tools.
What standards will be assessed? http://ed.sc.gov/tests/middle/scpass/scpass-test-blueprints/scpass-science/.
Grades are due December 18th by 5:00. If you complete your grades before then please email Ms. Leonard so she can begin checking grades and have you sign off on the verification form.
January 8 - Community Open House
Prep for January 13 Number Talk PD
Reading Coach's Update
Let’s celebrate another great week of work with Calkins! Although each grade level may be at a different point in their norming conversations, we are all making great progress toward the overall goal of having common language and an aligned view of how to look at student work.
We will continue our work with norming and data collection this Thursday, before jumping into lesson planning in January. Feel free to begin examining the first few lessons of your unit, so you will be familiar with them. Please bring your Pathways book, along with a copy of your rubric and On Demand pieces on Thursday.
Check out these Top 10 Best Christmas Books for Kids
Reminder: Noble Knights in grades 4 & 5 will be celebrated with a special breakfast this Friday beginning at 7:40. Noble Knights in primary grades will be celebrated with a Reindeer Read Aloud at 1:00 on Friday. Way to go, Noble Knights!
Be brave, take a risk, and try something new in your classroom this week!
- Moree @ Winthrop, 11:30am
- Media Center Closed 8 - 9am: Coffee at the Castle (parents of kindergarten students)
- 2:45 -Holiday Party
- 3 - 5 Knights Doing It Right at 2pm
- PST (See MGES Calendar)
- Team Meetings with Lisa in Conference Room - Calkins Norming and SLO Data Collection
- Heather Rollings here all day
- 1st Grade 4H; Chick-fil-a Spirit DAY!
- Recycling boxes out by 7:45AM
- PLC Minutes to Canvas
- Dutchman Creek Band Performance - 5th Grade during Special Area and lunch
- Knights of the Round Table and Gallant Girls lunch meeting at 11:30am - Media Center
December14 - Holiday Breakfast
15 - PTA Lunch and Desserts
15 - PM: Nuclear Energy Emergency Training
18 - Grades due by 5pm
18 - Holiday Sing-a-Long with Fourth Grade in Cafeteria:
-----8:15-8:45 - First, Second
-----9:00-9:45- Kindergarten, Third, and Fifth
4 - Workday
6 - Team Meetings with Lisa - Calkins
8 - Community Board Visit - 8:30AM
13 - Team Meetings - Number Talks
14 - SIC at 5:15; PTA at 6:00pm
20 - Team Meetings with Lisa - Calkins
30 - Back the Pack Winthrop Basketball Games - Women's at 1pm; Men's at 4pm