Vitamins & Minerals
- Also known as ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble nutrient found in some foods.
- In the body, it acts as an antioxidant, helping to protect cells from the damage caused by free radicals. Develops and maintain healthy teeth, bones, gums, cartilage, joint linings, skin and blood vessels.
- Oranges, grapefruits, broccoli, backed potato, strawberries.
- Too little of Vitamin C: fatigue, inflammation of the gums, small red or purple spots on the skin, joint pain, poor wound healing, and corkscrew hairs.
- Too much of Vitamin C: diarrhea, nausea, and stomach cramps.
- Boron helps preserve bone density.
- Helps keep your bones healthy and strong, and it also fuels cognitive function and prevents against bone disease.
- Chickpeas, almonds, beans, vegetables, bananas, walnuts, avocado, broccoli.
- Too little: weak bones.
- Too much: diarrhea, breathing problems, tightness in the throat or chest, chest pain, skin hives, rash, or itchy or swollen skin.