St. Joseph Elementary School
Community Information Updates
Address: 249 Church Street, Mississauga, ON, L5M 1N1
School Phone Number: 905-826-4422
St. Joseph General Mailbox: St.JosephESMississaugaInfo@dpcdsb.org
Principal: A. Cavaliere
Administrative Assistant: I. Carabetta
Catholic School Council Chair: T. Prsa
Superintendent of Schools- Mississauga North: M. Lewis
Trustee Ward 6 & 11: L. del Rosario
Associate Pastor: Rev. P. Dobson, St. Joseph Parish
St. Joseph Parish Email: stjosephMI@archtoronto.org
St. Joseph School Hours for the 2021-2022 school year are:
Morning entry: 8:30 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
AM Recess: 10:09 a.m. - 10:24 a.m.
Lunch: 11:48 a.m. - 12:48 p.m.
PM Recess: 2:12 p.m. - 2:27 p.m.
Staggered Dismissal: 3:05 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Catholic School Council Meeting on Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
Topic: St. Joseph Catholic School Council Meeting- January 19th at 6:30 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 913 2554 0304
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 647 374 4685 Canada
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
Meeting ID: 913 2554 0304
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acTxW40KjR
Permanent Changes to Modes of Learning for Term 2 (February 22nd to June 30th)
We can appreciate that how difficult it is to make decisions about your child's change in modes of learning at this time with so many uncertainties in the current state of the world with the Omicron variant, constant pivoting with closures, and the considerations that you are making regarding the health and safety of your families.
We require this information at this time because the permanent changes to modes of learning for Term 2 will impact our class placements and school reorganization plans. If you have already contacted us at the school and received a response, we have your information on file. No further action is required.
- If there is no change to your child's current mode of learning for Term 2, no further action is required.
- Permanent Changes from In-Person to Remote Learning (February 22- June 30th)- Students switching permanently to remote learning for Term 2 will not be placed with their current in-person teacher from St. Joseph. This will result in a new placement with a virtual teacher. Please contact the school ASAP if your child is switching from In-Person to Remote Learning.
- Permanent Change from Remote to In-Person (February 22- June 30th): Students will be expected to attend in person for the remainder of the school year. If your child is changing modes of learning from Remote Learning to In-Person Learning, please contact the school ASAP and notify the HOST school.
If you have any questions or require clarification, please contact the school.
Revised Bus Cancellation Notices: We're Zone #1: Mississauga, DPCDSB
Please be advised that our Transportation Department has established a new "weather zone" procedure to monitor and communicate school bus cancellations on inclement weather days. School bus cancellations will be sent through the STOPR website, Twitter by 6 a.m. each morning. St. Joseph -Mississauga is in Zone 1. Please read the attachment below for additional information.
Parents/guardians are advised to subscribe to the STOPR bus delays/cancellations notifications. For more information, please visit www.stopr.ca for notification information and inclement weather procedures.
January 27 - Information Session Supporting the Transition of Children with Differing Abilities into DPCDSB for September 2022
Community Engagement Event- January 26th at 7 p.m.
Daily COVID-19 Screening Tool for Students
- Complete the Daily COVID-19 Screening with your child every morning. Use link: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
- Follow the instructions on the screening tool. If you get a GREEN CHECK ✅ Your child can come to school. A RED "✖" means isolate.
- Sign your child(ren)'s Health Pass- Print attachment included below.
- If your child is sick, please keep them home. See the attached flow chart below for isolation guidelines.
Mark Your Calendars
- January 19: Catholic School Council Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- January 24: PA Day/No School for Students
- January 26: Virtual X-Movement Presentations for JOEST; Community Engagement Event- Dr. Jean Clinton at 7 p.m.
- January 27: Information Session to Support the Transition of Students with Differing Abilities to Kindergarten at 7 p.m./ Cookie Day* Revised
- February 2: School Photo Re-Takes/Grad Re-Take Day * New Date
- February 2: First Day of Term 2
- February 10: Cookie Day
- February 15: Report cards home to Parents/Guardians via student email
- February 17: Parent/Teacher Interview Evening (more information to come)
- February 18: PA Day: Reporting to Parents/Guardians (No School for Students)
- February 21: Family Day
- February 22: Temporary Remote Learners Back to In-Person
- February 24: P.E.A.C.E. Student Presentations Grade K-8