South Side Family Newsletter
A Time of Thanks
Every year we all get an opportunity to reflect on what we are thankful for. November is a great month for elementary aged kids. When I talk to students they all say that the thing they are most looking forward to on Thanksgiving break is time with family (many also talk about food). Our South Side staff is grateful to have an opportunity to educate our students and to serve their families. I appreciate the many messages of gratitude that have been shared with me about our staff from families this year. I believe that we are continuing to do the best work that we can for your children and I want you to know that we are always in the process of improving the education that we provide. Please contact us with any ideas that you have to help improve our school. We will be grateful for your input.
Enjoy the month of November and have a happy Thanksgiving.
Facebook: South Side Trailblazers
Thank you, Veterans.
If your child is going to be absent due to illness, please call our office first thing in the morning of that absence.
School Attendance Improvement
- Students that aren't feeling well but do not have a fever or other significant signs of illness (vomiting, diarrhea) need to come to school. We will help them get through their day!
- Planned days off need to be reduced as much as possible. If a student has a day out of school for something fun at home, that's one less day that is available for an illness that pops up later in the year. Every year we have a few kids in this situation and it becomes very frustrating for families when they begin receiving attendance letters from the school.
- Doctor appointments can be tough to schedule outside of school hours. However, students that leave for an appointment that ends before school is out need to return to school in order to help maintain their positive attendance. Better yet, planned appointments during school breaks or outside of school hours can't impact student attendance at all!
- You will automatically receive attendance reminder letters at the 3rd, 5th, and 7th absence of the school year even when you provide documentation regarding each absence. This is our way of reminding families of the total absences so far.
- ELearning days count as school days and students must complete ELearning assignments in order to be counted present at school. These days should never be used as absences. There is no reason a student should ever have missing assignments after the three school day completion opportunity when we return to school.
The picture below is from last weekend's robotics competition at Avilla Elementary. Our team, the Techblazers, competed well and learned a lot. They head to Rome City next. Good luck Techblazers!
Our Fall Festival was a success! Thank you to all who attended and supported our PTO. We hope you enjoyed your evening at the festival.
Our next PTO sponsored event is Santa's Workshop, scheduled for December 10-12. Each class will have a time slot to shop on one of the three days. Students can buy holiday gifts for their family and friends. Prices range from 25 cents to $5. More information will be sent home with your student.
Get the East Noble App
East Noble School Corporation is thrilled to announce our new app for mobile phones! Stay up-to-date with access to sports events and activities, the daily cafeteria menu, news from administrators, student stories, and teacher contact information!
For a preview of this great new app, check out this You Tube video:
Download the app for free on both Google Play or the Apple App Store!
More information about how to locate our school lunch menu through the app: https://5il.co/aqew
Cold Weather Preparedness
November 21 and 22: Mobile dentist
Saturday, November 23 Robotics Tournament at Rome City Elementary
November 27-29 No school Thanksgiving break
December 4 Parent meeting for cyber safety, more information forthcoming
December 5 Fourth and fifth grade music program 6:00 pm
December 11 School board meeting in our cafeteria 6:30 pm
December 23-January 3 No school---winter break
January 10 Progress reports issued
February 21 End of trimester 2
Weeks of Feb 24 - March 2 Elementary P/T conferences TBD
February 26 Report cards issued
March 11 Fourth grade field trip to Fort Wayne History Center and Allen County Courthouse
March 13 Brazil Culture Day
March 17 2nd and 3rd grade music program 6:00 pm
April 14 Progress reports issued
May 5, 2020 Fifth grade visit to Junior Achievement Biz Town
May 7 Kindergarten and 1st grade music program 6:00 pm
May 12 Senior walk through time TBD
May 15 Fourth grade field trip to Gene Stratton Porter
May 28 Report cards issued on last student day