Bee Cave Beehive
WOW! Can you believe that we only have 2 1/2 weeks left of the 2020-2021 School Year? It has been a year of challenges and a year of successes! Bee Cave Elementary has stayed happy and healthy, which was my first priority. I want to send out a heartfelt thank you to everyone for all of your help and support this year with keeping our kids well and in school. I truly cannot thank you enough.
These last couple of weeks will go by very quickly as there will be the remainder of STAAR testing and EOY parties and festivities the last week. Please stay tuned to hear from your child's teacher on when their class party/festivities will be.
We will move through these last weeks with continued diligence in following our daily COVID protocols that help ensure that everyone stays healthy. Thank you for continuing to contact us when your child (BCE student) or family member becomes COVID positive so we can help guide you through the quarantine or isolation period timeline, protocols to follow before returning to school, and a plan for continued instruction during this period.
I will be sending beginning of the year information to you later in the summer, including what it will look like coming back to school in the fall.
Take care and stay well,
5/11/21....................3rd & 4th grade Math STAAR
5/13/21....................3rd & 4th grade Reading STAAR
5/18/21....................5th grade Math STAAR
5/19/21....................5th grade Reading STAAR
5/20/21....................5th grade Science STAAR
5/28/21....................Last day of School (Early Release)
***Bids for Bobcats - TOMORROW @ 12pm!!!***
Parent Input for Classroom Placement 21-22
Part of our planning process is to seek input from parents. This process is designed to gain input from parents, however it is not a requirement for placement. Requests for specific teachers will not be considered. If you choose to provide input, please do so by completing the BCE Parent Input Form 2021-2022 before the end of the day on Friday, May 21st, 2021. The form will be deactivated at midnight.
A Message from our Food and Nutrition Department...
Bee Cave Elementary thanks you, LTEF!
A HUGE thank you to our BCE PTO!
* snacks for our teachers
* luncheons for our teachers
* ongoing support for instructional materials
* cut and do for teachers
* organizing parent pick up for fundraiser and other items
* coffee for teachers
* pies for teachers
* holiday bfast
* holiday cookie grab
* keeping our marquee up to date
* organized the spirit nights with vendors
* Bobcats Cook
* support with the One Community, One School, One Book
* organization and support the Book Writers Contest
* organization and management of The BCE Talent Show
* organization and preparation of the daily treats for Teacher Appreciation week
* organization and finalizing of the outdoor classroom fence
* our fall fundraiser that raised money towards our new sound system in the gym. (The sound system is installed and ready to go for the fall. Sound absorption panels are on the way for the gym as well!), and
AND SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more!
WE APPRECIATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Early Ordering starts NOW through JUNE 1st..........................(Late Ordering JUNE 2nd through June 22nd) School ID: BEE010
STAAR Spring 2021
Helpful 5th to 6th Grade Transition Information for Parents & Students
Updated 2020-2021 LTISD Instructional Calendar
District updates Return to School Protocols for COVID-19, reviews new CDC guidelines for quarantine
As conditions surrounding the pandemic continue to evolve, Lake Travis ISD officials have evaluated and updated the Return to School Protocols for COVID-19. Specific changes can be found in the document as outlined below:
- Self-screening Protocols for Staff and Students (p. 12)
- Close Contact (p. 14)
- Protocols for Re-entry After Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19 (p. 14-15)
- Protocols for Re-entry After Coming into Close Contact with an Individual Test-Confirmed to Have COVID-19 (p. 15-16)
Additionally, District officials are aware of new guidelines issued December 3rd by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which reduce the number of days close contacts should quarantine following exposure to a COVID-19 positive individual. Austin-area school district officials and local health authorities participated in a conference call December 4th to review and discuss the CDC's guidelines. Given the importance of contact tracing and quarantining in our schools, Lake Travis ISD will continue its review of these guidelines and will make a final determination shortly.
"The health and safety of our school community is of utmost importance," said Paul Norton, Lake Travis ISD Superintendent of Schools. "Our plans will remain flexible to accommodate potential changes, and guidelines may be further modified as needed. In the interim, we urge our school community to continue the consistent practice of personal hygiene and social distancing."
LTISD Protocols for Screening
***Please remember to screen your children each morning before school.***
If your child has any ONE of the symptoms on the screening list, they should stay home.
★ Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
★ Loss of taste or smell
★ Difficulty breathing
★ Shortness of breath
★ Sore throat
★ Shaking or exaggerated shivering
★ Muscle or body aches
★ Congestion or runny nose
★ Nausea or vomiting
Please know that children who come to school with symptoms will be sent home.
It is important that everyone become familiar with the re-entry protocol
Re-entry protocol applies to students who experience symptoms at home OR if they are sent home from school.
● at least one day (24 hours) has passed since recovery (resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications);
● the individual has improvement in symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and
● at least ten days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
The 10 days must be observed even if symptoms only last a short while and the child did not have fever.
If your student wants to return to school before completing the above stay at home period, you must either:
● obtain a medical professional’s note (with date) clearing the student for the return based on an alternative diagnosis; or
● obtain an acute infection test (at a physician’s office, approved testing location found at tdem.texas.govc/covid19/, or another site) that comes back negative for COVID-19.
We Are Not Admitting Visitors At This Time
From Our Amazing PTO
The BCE PTO newsletter is automatically sent out to everyone who has an active account on our PTO website, bcepto.com. If you haven't yet registered or need to update your information, please do! You won't want to miss out on all the important updates for PTO meetings, volunteer opportunities, fundraisers, and more!
TEA on Minimum Standard Health Protocols on Visits to Schools During Campus Closureshttps://tea.texas.gov/texas-schools/health-safety-discipline/covid/minimum-standard-health-protocols-for-school-employees-in-school-building-during-campus-closures