What else can Edmodo do for my classroom
Gamify Edmodo with Badges
Badges enable teachers to provide recognition to students for their achievements. Teachers can choose to award a student with an Edmodo created badge, or create their own custom badges
1. Select the “New Badge” option from the left panel.
2. Provide a title for the badge and a description.
3. Select the upload button to provide an image for the badge.
4. Select “Create Badge”
To help stay organized, you can place your library content into folders. To create a folder:
1. Select the “New” folder icon from the left panel of your Library (next to the “Folders”
2. A pop-up window will appear where you can name your folder and select which
groups (if any) you want to share the folder with.
3. Select “Create” and your folder will appear on the left panel
2. A drop down menu will appear where you can select the folders you want to add that
3. Click apply to save your changes. Note: You can select multiple library items to move
them at the same time.
4. Once the items have been added to the folder, you can select the
folder from the left panel and drag and drop library items to
organize them within the folder.
5. Mark any library items as favorite by adding it to your
“Favorites” folder. Any item saved to the Favorites folder, will
also appear in the “Favorites” tab of your Teacher Profile page.
Once you’ve created your folders, you can also share them with any of your groups.
1. Select the folder you want to share and on the right panel you will see the “folder
2. Select the group(s) you want to share with and the folder will immediately be shared.
3. When a folder has been shared with a specific group, it will
appear on the right panel of the group’s page under the
Members section. Note: Only the creator of the folder
can add to/edit the contents of the folder. Group
members can view and download any files, but not edit or
Connection with Teachers/Communities
Teachers can build their individual professional learning communities by networking and
making new connections through Edmodo.
Edmodo offers a number of communities you can join based upon your subject area interests and your curriculum of choice. These communities are a great place to ask questions, get advice, exchange ideas and share resources. You can find a full listing of Edmodo Communities at www.edmodo.com/communities or by scrolling down to the bottom of any Edmodo page and clicking on the “Communities” link in the footer.