September 26, 2021
MBP Athletics @ Home
Tuesday- Softball vs. JS Waters
It is that time! Time for Envirothon!
Envirothon is an extra-curricular, competition based, Environmental Education Club. Envirothon Club meetings incorporate guest speakers, field trips, fun activities, and learning about Forestry, Aquatics, Soils, Wildlife, and Current Environmental Issues.
An Envirothon Interest meeting will be held Wednesday, September 29, 3:30 - 4:15 in Mrs. Streets’ classroom. All 6th - 8th grade students are welcome to attend. We will begin regular weekly meetings in October.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mrs. Streets. Her contact information is posted on the Pollard website, along with an interest form students can complete prior to Wednesday's meeting.
Superintendent's Listening and Learning Tour
Superintendent Dr. Anthony Jackson wants to hear from you to help shape the future of CCS! Your voice is invaluable as we build on our successes and look to the future. There are four tour events to choose from:
Monday, September 27, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. (virtual, Zoom, Spanish language)
Tuesday, September 28, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. (in-person, Northwood High School)
Thursday, September 30, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. (virtual, Zoom)
Thursday, October 7, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. (in-person, Jordan-Matthews High School)
Additional details can be found at https://www.chatham.k12.nc.us/relationshipsmatter or call 919-542-3626. Light refreshments and childcare will be provided at all in-person events, and masks must be worn by all attendees.
Welcome to the PTA Corner!
Check here weekly for messages from the Pollard PTA, volunteer opportunities, and fun experiences throughout the year.
Join the PTA today: https://pollard.memberhub.com/store
* There will be a ZOOM General Board Meeting on Thursday, October 7 at 7:00pm to vote in this year’s PTA Officers and approve our Budget for the year. Mark your calendars and join us to hear what is in store for the year!
Why should I join the PTA? Every penny earned through donations, fundraising, and volunteering goes straight into our classrooms, clubs, organizations, and programs. It benefits YOUR CHILD. The PTA supports each teacher with a $250 grant to cover materials for their classroom, purchases new books to diversify the collections in our media center/classrooms/support programs, after school clubs and activities to engage and stimulate new ways of connecting and learning, school wide programs to bring celebrate diversity and global learning, athletic/music/art equipment and supplies, and subscription services to engage students in active learning, among many other items.
Are you pressed for time but want to support the Pollard PTA?
Here are some ways you can help earn money while you’re doing your daily activities.
***Last year we earned $1,250+ JUST BY SHOPPING***
1. Shop at Harris Teeter? Link your VIC card to Pollard! Stop by Customer Service or log in from home and link to Margaret B Pollard Middle School / Number 8548
*Must be done each August! You may split schools. Rewards are earned off of HT Brand products.
2. Shop at Lowes Foods? Link your Fresh Rewards card to Pollard! Stop by Customer Service or log in from home to link to Margaret B Pollard Middle School
*Must be done each August! Rewards are earned off of Lowes Brand products.
3. Shop on Amazon? Shop through Amazon Smile and link your account to Pollard!
*Must shop through the smile.amazon.com website or by turning on Amazon Smile on your mobile app (Settings - Giving/Charity - Amazon Smile - follow instructions to turn on Amazon Smile)
4. Scroll through Facebook? “Like” the Margaret B Pollard Middle School PTSA Facebook page and be on the lookout for announcements and opportunities!
Do you have time to donate to the PTA?
1. PTA: We have several open positions that we would love to fill with YOU!
Do you spend time on social media? We need you to be our Social Media Coordinator and use those skills to promote our PTA news online!
Are you a fashionista? We need you to be our Spirit Wear Coordinator and use those skills to help us create some amazing apparel for our Mustangs to sport!
2. Pollard: Did you know that there is a School Improvement Team that meets monthly to talk about school improvements and student life? 1-3 Parent Representatives are an important piece of this team. Thank you all the parents that have expressed interested in joining the team. We will be following up with next steps later this week. *This is separate from the PTA
3. PTA THRIFT SHOP: Volunteer Opportunity
Parents, teachers & students: Volunteer Work Groups at the Cole Park PTA Thrift Shop are now available for sign-up. Grab a few friends, pick a session, and earn some money for our school! Duties include straightening the store for the next day, sorting donations, and hanging clothes (no experience necessary). For your time, you earn $$$ towards the team/club/teacher/grade level of your choice AND you can shop for ½ off clothes, shoes, books and toys. *Masks are required.*
Upcoming dates: Wednesday, 10/6 from 6:30-8:30, Sunday, 10/24 from 2-4; Monday, 11/8 from 6:30-8:30; Sunday, 11/21 from 2-4
*** Are you part of a Pollard Group that would like to arrange for a special work group just for your team or group? Contact Cate House at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a question? We’d love to hear from you:
PTA President: Jen Bowman, President@mbpptsa.org
PTA Vice President: Emily Patterson, email@example.com
PTA Treasurer: Julie Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA Secretary: Chandra Colwell, email@example.com