January 24, 2022
NC Check-In #2
The second round of ELA and Math Check-Ins are on Tuesday and Wednesday. Check-Ins give us valuable information on how our students are progressing. Please remind your student to charge their computers overnight!
Fun ways to review and practice for the Math NC Check In?
- Gimkit activities are posted on each grade level's Google Classroom Discovery Page.
- Each question is directly related to specific assessed common core standards.
- Students gain mastery and competition points for each correct answer and complete Gimkit.
- Parents can support students by participating in the game along with their student as a "learner." After solving problems independently, students can explain concepts to their parents.
Below are the topics for each grade level...
6th (Join Code - 4bxvobb)
Order of Operations
Percent Word Problems
7th - (Join Code- b6qnk5t)
8th- (Join Code- zyjtcwc)
Slope Word Problems
Systems of Equations - Graphing
Calendar for the week
-Home Basketball Game
-Winter Sports Pictures
-Chorus Concert @ 7:00 pm
-Report Cards sent home
Welcome to the PTA Corner!
CONGRATULATIONS to the following teachers/programs who have earned money from the PTA Thrift Shop (this means that volunteers working at the Thrift Shop this fall/winter have selected these teachers to receive money for their hard-worked hours):
Jennifer Mudd $75
Darlene Smith $75
Malinda Quinn $100
Bobbi Bell (AIG) $150
7th Grade $200
The following teachers/clubs also have some hours banked in their name, and if they reach at least 15 hours by the end of March, they too will receive money to spend in their classrooms!
Aaron Kivette (PE) 14 hours
Jane Barnett 12.75 hours
Leah Moore (Art) 8 hours
Envirothon 7.5 hours
Olivia Metcalf 6.5 hours
Rachel Horowitz 5 hours
James Hall (STEM) 4 hours
Robotics 2 hours
Want to help YOUR favorite teacher/club/team/program earn money? Then sign up for one of the upcoming work sessions at the Cole Park PTA Thrift Shop. (Dates below)
* Each work group earns 2 volunteer hours (plus 30 minutes for the driver!), as well as the opportunity to shop at a 50% discount for clothing/shoes/toys/books.
* NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY and everyone aged 10+ can volunteer (volunteer duties include straightening the front of the store, sweeping/dusting, and hanging new items for sale).
Direct Sign Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0B4DA8AD2FA2F49-pollard1
*None of these dates work for you? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up one that does!
1/23 (Sunday), 2-4 = Thrift Shop Work Group
2/11 (Friday), 6:30-8:30 = Thrift Shop Work Group
2/17 (Thursday), 6-8 = Thrift Shop Work Group
2/28 (Friday), 8:30-9:30am = GENERAL PTA MEETING (Zoom) *Everyone is invited to join
2/27 (Sunday), 2-4 = Thrift Shop Work Group