By Anthony Walker
Steve Carell was born on August 16, 1962 in Concord, MA. His current age is 53. He his an American Actor, comedian, director, producer, and writer. Steve's biggest show was him on the The Daily Show with John Stewart and The Office as Michael Scott. He has also been in a new movie coming out called The Big Short. His wife is Nancy Carell and they have been married since 1995. Carell was the youngest of his 4 brothers. His father also changed their last name from Caroselli, which routed to Italy, to Carell before Steve was born.
He attended a private school for boys only called The Fenn School. After this, he went to a school called Middlesex School, which both of these schools were in his hometown. Steve then traveled out to Ohio to go to a college called Denison University. He originally wanted to go into law, and possibly a lawyer. But as we all know, he went into acting. Steve spent his off time doing sketch comedy, becoming a member of the country's oldest colegiate improv group. It was called Burps Seedy Company. Carell was answering questions on like what he really wanted to be. He said he has always wanted to act. He told his parents that and they said to go do it. He then would go on to graduate from Denison in 1984.
Majoe Roles held in their craft
Steve Carelll was starred as Michael in The Office. This was where he really became known. He was also on the John Stewart show before he starred in The Office. Steve has also been the host of Saturday Night Live. He also was in the movie Anchor Man Which he played as Brick Tamland . Steve Carell also delivered another funny supporting performance as Uncle Arthur in Bewitched (2005), starring Will Ferrell and Nicole Kidman. That same year, Carell headlined in the comedy of the summer, The 40 Year Old Virgin, a film he also co-wrote.
The person that influenced his career was great comedian actors that he listened to as a kid. The actors were John Kleese and Bill Cosby. He still till this day, sees them has people who made his career happen as a comedian type of actor
Quote stated by Steve Carell
"It's not a master plan to do every remake and every recreation of icons. It's just what I've been hired to do."
- While in high school, Steve Carell was the editor-in-chief of the school paper
- As a teenager, Carell worked at the Massachusetts convenient shop "Store 24." He later incorporated the store's nutty personalities into his comedy bits.
- Steve Carell also applied for a position at SNL but he didn't make it an instead lost the spot to Will Ferrell.
- He married Nancy Walls in 1995 and they have two children, Elisabeth Anne "Annie" (born 2001) and Johnny (born 2004).
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
- MTV Movie Award for Best Comedic Performance
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series
People's Choice Award for Favorite Comedic TV Actor
- Writers Guild of America Award for Television: Comedy Series
- Independent Spirit Special Distinction Award
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Television Series Musical or Comedy
- Gotham Jury Award
- Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actor: Comedy
- Writers Guild of America Award for Television: Episodic Comedy
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie: Scream Scene
Michael Scott's Words of Wisdom