The River Basin of Little Tennessee
River Basin located in North Carolina, By: Anthony DeFazio
Major Rivers and Lakes found in this Basin?
1. Cheoah- Located in Graham County, 20 miles in length
2. Fontana- the highest in the eastern United States as it being a lake.
3. Santeetlah- This is on the Cheoah river and is in development of it being a dam.
4. Nantahala- near the Great Smokey Mountain.
5. Glenville- formed by the damming of West Fork of the Tuckasegee river in 1941.
Any point of Interest of visiting the Little Tennessee Basin?
1. The Great Smokey Mountains National Park
2. The Bartram Trail
3. Noland Creek Trail
4. Standing Indian Trails
5. Little Tennessee Green way
3 types animals found in this basin?
Little Ewing Pearlymussel
Type of mussel that is found and located in this river basin.
One type of many different types of fish found in this river basin.
A other type of fish that is also found and located in the Little Tennessee River Basin.
3 types of plants found in this basin?
3 Unique Facts about this Basin
2. In the autumn tons of elks will populate nearby.
3. The river basin flows into the Gulf of Mexico following major rivers along with it.