Magento Community or Magento Go – Two Sides of a Coin
No doubt Magento is an excellent ecommerce platform and offers several opportunities to businesses to get an advanced online shop. It offers a lot of in-built features and choices. But there is one point where most decision makers find themselves confused – whether to go for Magento Community or Magento Go. Well, these are two sides of one Magneto and the difference lies in their prices. Magento Community is free whereas Magento Go is paid.
Listed here are a few main points of difference between both the types of Magento editions.
· Magento Community is a free edition and you don’t have to spend a single penny for downloading and installing the software.
· It charges no fees or any other hidden taxes.
· Magento is highly customizable. It poses no limits on Magento customization. As it is an open source code, you can possibly do everything that you want to.
· There may be some safety issues that you may face. However, these can be fixed by installing an extension.
· Magento Community offers:
1. Multi store support from one back end
2. Mobile commerce
3. Multi language support
4. Unlimited number of admin accounts
· Magento Community doesn’t offer any support and you will have to rely on
community forums for all your questions.
· Magento Go is a paid platform with different pricing plans. Fee starts from $15 per month. However, the package already includes and proper hosting environment.
· As a hosted solution, Magento Go comes with a 30 day free trial. Later on you can choose a package that is optimal for you.
· Magento Go is not as flexible as Magento Community when it comes to customizations. The access to the source code is not allowed.
· As the access to the source code is not allowed, your store will be absolutely safe. It is in fact better for those who have no clue about how to ensure confidentiality.
· Magento Go doesn’t offer all these features but offers below features that you don’t find in Magento Go:
1. Store credits
2. Full-page caching
Magento Go offers complete support and you don’t have to waste time browsing and posting questions on community forums.
Now is the time to make a decision. No matter which option you choose, you will have to seek expert assistance for developing a fully-functional and feature-pack store. Magento is resource intense and requires special kind of expertise to work on it.
Recruiting Magento developers in-house can be an expensive proposition but outsourcing it to India will be more cost-effective. Magento development India not only saves you up to 50 percent of the development cost but also speeds up the development process. Moreover, the professionals can be hired for part-time, full-time, specific hours or period. Hiring them through a trusted web development company eliminates all possible risk in the process as they get your work done under close supervision of experts.
Kuntal Mehta (KJ) is the managing partner of Seashore Partners, a web development, e-commerce solution and SEO company headquartered in New Jersey, United States. In this article, he highlights the major differences between Magento Community and Magento Go.