Moreau Heights Elementary
Moreau Heights is a collaborative community focused on student growth with a commitment to excellence.
Our PBS lesson for the week will focus on being respectful, using the second sentence of the Charger pledge.
"You are a giant, yellow highlighter. Highlight behavior you want more of, and help children become aware of the many kind and helpful things they do each day."
Conscious Discipline Video - Brain Smart Start
The videos this week focus on the Brain Smart Start for classrooms. How can you develop a routine that brings students together and addresses all 4 components of the Brain Smart Start?
2. Disengage Stress
There are MANY examples of a Brain Smart Start on Youtube that you can view just by searching. Check it out!
Character Trait for September is Respect
Duties for the Week
Calendar of Events
Monday, September 11
*Sue at FST 11:00
*Tier 2 mtg 3:30
Tuesday, September 12
*Conscious Discipline Parent Group (grades k-1) 11:00 in library
*IEP for TG (Skinner, Haugen, Treat)
*PTO meeting 6:00 in library (Grade 5 attending)
Wednesday, September 13
*Kelli at PBS training
*IEP for TB 2:00 (Russler, Haugen, Humphreys)
Thursday, September 14
*Kelly at Literacy training
*Tornado drill talk thru
*Sue at Principal mtg (8-12) at BOE
*Back to School Night grades 3-5 (6:00 - 7:30)
Friday, September 15
*Tornado Drill walk thru 10:20
*IEP for LH 11:00 (Morgan, Haugen, Gaines)
*Due date for MANY district things!
*Progress reports sent home
Tuesday, September 19
*Fundraiser kick-of video to be viewed in classrooms
*PBS team mtg 3:30
Wednesday, September 20
*Early Dismissal - students released at 1:15
*Adjusted schedule (will be forthcoming)
*PD session focused on trauma 1:45 in gym
Thursday, September 21
*Awards due in office by end of day
*Watch DOGS recruitment event 6:00 in gym
Friday, September 22
8:30 - grades 3-5
9:40 - grades k-2
Teacher Growth Plans
Once your plan is developed, I will meet with you to discuss your plan and set your baseline by September 30th.
Beginning of the School Year Assessment Requirements
Our window for beginning of the year assessments is closing soon! Please be sure you have had ALL students assessed, following up with those who missed due to absence.
Kindergarten - Letter ID (upper and lower), Concepts About Print, iReady (ELA/Math)
First Grade - DRA, iReady (ELA/Math)
Second Grade - DRA, iReady (ELA/Math)
- 1st Grade: Ceiling DRA 20 for fall
- 2nd Grade: Ceiling DRA 30 for fall
Third - Fifth Grade - iReady (ELA/Math)
Letter ID, CAP, and DRA must be completed by end of September and must be entered in Infinite Campus by the first week of October. Holly and Leighann will provide a training at a later date for K-2 teachers.
Guided reading groups should be set up and begin within the first 3 weeks of school (after the launching section in the pacing guide.)
Parking Along Hough Park Road
Please DO NOT park on the school side of Hough Park Road. This will allow for more visibility and safer walking for students!
1. Online training videos must be viewed by Sept 15
- An email was sent to you on August 7 from Michael Grissom at MSBA. These are your links, usernames and passwords for the required training videos for all staff. Explorer or Firefox are recommended browsers for these videos. They are to be completed by September 15. You will also need to log into Records and review and acknowledge the policies by September 15 as well. See email from Ashley Woods dated August 4 for more information.
2. Review and acknowledgement of district policies in TalentEd Records by Sept. 15
3. Grades/scores are entered into Infinite Campus grade book by Tuesday of each week.
Mid-Quarter - Progress Reports
It is hard to believe, but mid-quarter is Friday, September 15. It is very important that a progress report be sent home with every child who has earned below a "C" (75%) in any subject or about whom you have a work habits or behavior concern. If you are not sending a progress report home with all students, be sure you have stated that in your Sept. 15 newsletter. Be sure all grade reports you do send home, come back signed so you know they have been seen. Infinite Campus can figure your grades...but they'll need to be written out on the "old-fashioned" paper format. There is no Mid-quarter grade form to print out from Infinite Campus at this time.
AWARDS for Students!
1. Decide for on a recipient for each award:
*Student of Character - demonstrated trait of the month (respect)
*Noble Knight - a role model
*Charger Award - someone working to improve in academics or behavior
*Specials teachers will select one student in grades k-2, one student in grades 3-5 for an award.
2. Contact parents to let them know their child is receiving an award. It would be great is parents could attend the assembly, so let them know the date and time.
3. Write 2-3 sentences on the back of the award to tell why the student is receiving the award (this is read at the assembly).
4. Turn your awards in to the office by end of day, Sept. 21. (I prefer earlier to help me organize!)
Positive Office Referrals!
*Shout out to our kindergarten, first and second grade teachers who ROCKED their Back to School Night last night. Great parent turn out and great feedback! Excellent opportunity to work on relationships with families!