Artist Profile: Ryan Woodward
Animator, Storyboard Artist
What could be better than working on major motion pictures?
In "The Making Of, Thought of You," Ryan explains how he started to think of other projects he could work on -- some that were quite different than the storyboard work he was used to.
For my students:
Take the time to look at Ryan's website. Look at each of the tabs & explore all of his work. Select your favourite piece and prepare a response. We will use the critical analysis process to structure these responses:
Begin with your initial reaction.
- What does the artwork remind you of?
- What questions do you have? Does anything puzzle you?
- What do you notice?
- What materials and/or techniques does the artist use?
Next, start to analyze and interpret his work.
- What elements of design do you see? (line, shape, space, colour, value, texture, form)
- How does Ryan use certain elements in his work? (try to be as specific as possible by providing a detailed description)
- Would you say that his work can be interpreted? What meaning or message has been developed? What is the artist trying to say by making his drawing/animation? Explain your thinking.
- gesture drawing
- animate, animation
- choreographer, choreography
- frames per second