October 8, 2021
The "Sunshine" Returns
What a rainy week it has been! It looks like they are forecasting clear skies for the weekend though, so maybe we will all have a chance to spend a little time outside enjoying the fall weather. I am also looking forward to the return of “sunshine” to our campus next week when all of Infant/Toddler and Primary come back!
The campus will be split again temporarily starting October 13 when Elementary through High School begin Fall Break, but we will be reunited as a whole community on Monday, October 18. Those next two weeks are jam-packed so be sure to pay close attention to all of the “Dates to Remember” below.
Missing the “sunshine”,
Dr. Dana Hill
Dates to Remember
October 11 - UPDATE: Upper School (MS/HS) fall portraits
October 12 - UPDATE: Elementary (LE/UE) fall portraits
October 13 - UPDATE: Infant/Toddler fall portraits (make-up available at a later date for those not in attendance)
October 13-15 - Fall Break - care available for ALL IT-PR students
October 18 - Turn in Pink Pennants
October 19 - Primary fall portraits
October 22 - Do a Kind Deed Day
October 22 - Encore PINK OUT day - wear pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month
October 25-29 - Spirit Week - details below
October 26 - PSAT/NMSQT testing for 10th-11th grades
Photography Schedule Updates
Due to weather and scheduling updates, the school photo dates for several programs have been updated. Please see below for an updated school photo schedule.
- Monday, October 11 - Upper School (MS/HS) fall portraits
- Tuesday, October 12 - Elementary (LE/UE) fall portraits
- Wednesday, October 13 - Infant/Toddler fall portraits
- Tuesday, October 19 - Primary fall portraits
Photos will take place first thing on the days listed above, and students are encouraged to bring a change of clothes to change into afterward.
Fall Break Update (Infant-Primary)
We always offer Extended Care during our Fall Break to our Infant, Toddler, and Primary families. This year, due to being out for the quarantine time, these days (Oct. 13-15) are being added back into our school calendar for Infant through Primary. We realize that some families may have plans that they cannot change, so absences on those days will be considered excused. Fall Break will remain on the calendar as originally scheduled for Lower Elementary-High School.
Spirit Week Schedule
- Monday, Oct. 25 - Pajama Day (The most comfortable school day ever!)
- Tuesday, Oct. 26 - Around the World Day (This includes dressing in clothing that celebrates other cultures around the world!)
- Wednesday, Oct. 27 - Career Day (This includes dressing for the job you hope to have or to celebrate essential community workers.)
- Thursday, Oct. 28 - Dynamic Duos Day (This may include duos like Han Solo and Princess Leia, Peanut Butter and Jelly, or dressing as twins.)
- Friday, Oct. 29 - Character Day (This includes Primary Book Character Day and Lower Elementary Biography Day.)