ST. CROIX CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
October 29, 2018
STUDENTS FIRST - PROFESSIONALISM - FAMILY
Top 10 by 2020
- Academic Achievement
- Student Climate
- Adult Culture
Together we can achieve anything.
Shoutouts & Celebrations
thank you for your outstanding effort, kindness, excellence, and selflessness.
- Chris Buckel: We were reading "The Teacher Who Changed My Life," and I had my students discuss who has impacted their life (did not have to be a teacher). One of my students said, "I don't take tests real good, and Buck pushes me to do better." She said that Mr. Buckel makes her believe that she can do better, so she tries harder. She believes in herself because you (Buck) believe in her!
- Tom Martin: Tom is an extremely understanding, wise, and helpful member of our staff. I appreciate not only his work with our kids but also his company and conversation.
- Bill Emery: Taking the boys team and 2 individual girls to state cross country!
- Kamen Flanders: The man has more commitment to making sure his students succeed than just about anyone. He puts on the miles.
- SBA&R Pilot Teachers: Wow! Standing in the line of fire - taking the risk - doing it simply because it's best for kids! You inspire!!!
- Duane Jourdeans: Found, shared, acquired "Masterclass" as a resource for ELA.
- Jerry Wold (2 recognitions): Helped control the Panther Farm of boxelder bugs in my classroom. Working every day for making the building a better place
- Pam Stave and Courtney Hawkins: For keeping the football jerseys clean and in good repair.
- Pat Basche: Just for being an all-around great leader. She stays busy going from building to building making sure that the Sped Department has what they need, brainstorms ways to make things better, and really cares about the staff and students. Making sure we have time to have meetings to share thoughts and ideas.
- Heather Jourdeans: Thanks for your genuine compassion when working to help one of our struggling students, and the excitement when he did succeed (turned in his novel analysis!)! Appreciated!
- Sandy Weitgenant: Her surgery went well and student and staff are excited to have her back next week!
- Kurt Soderberg: Heading off issues with SBG and making sure the pilot group is on the same page.
- Wendy Hoverson: Got everything ready for me to be "her" at the FB game Friday night
- Sean Conway: Presenting at State Music Educators Conference.
- Vicki Dresang-Talapa: Helped find the owner of the dog, Stanley.
- Kimbo, Jess, Turp, Duane, Tera, Tack, Hali, and Mitch: For leading the SBA&R discussion and EdCamp with teachers and admin from other schools. Impressive!
You all ROCK!
Something to consider...
Knowing Does Not Equal Understanding
Schedule for the Week
Morning Greeters This Week
Monday, October 29
Another opportunity to be fantastic!
WIN PLC TIME: Social Studies, Health/PE
Tuesday, October 30
7:30 am - 8:00 am - BLT Meeting
1:10 pm - 1:40 pm - Pilot Group Meeting
1:05 pm - Josten's, Sophomore Class Rings
1:20 pm - Josten's, Senior Graduation Information
WIN PLC TIME: Math
Wednesday, October 31 - WEAR YOUR COSTUME
Morning Meeting - Carolyn ;)
7:35 am - 8:15 am - PLC Time
11:30 am - 3:30 pm - MS/HS ELA & CESA Meeting (HS Large Conference Room)
2:30 pm - 3:25 pm - Anat. & Phys. Knee Surgery (in-house)
WIN PLC TIME: ELA
Thursday, November 1
Another opportunity to change lives.
WIN PLC TIME: Music, Science, SPED
Friday, November 2
7:30 am - 8:00 am - PBIS Meeting
8:15 am - 10:15 am - HSLT Meeting
From the Main Office
JOSTEN’S VISIT: Tuesday, October 30th - Graduation Caps, Gowns, and Class Ring Informational Meeting
Seniors: 1:05-1:20 (start of 7th-hour WIN)
Sophomores: 1:20-1:35 (end of 7th-hour WIN)
JOSTEN’S ORDER DATE: Friday, November 2nd
Josten’s will take orders during lunch 11:30-1:00 in the Commons