Twitter as a Powerful PD Tool
See how Twitter can help you as an educator.
Twitter Professional Development Course
Tuesday, Apr 30th, 3-4:30pm
East Governor Road
- NOTE: A laptop or iPad is required to participate in this course!
- Prior to arrival, you will need to use the follow instructions (in video format or text) to set up a Twitter Account.
PRE-CLASS INSTRUCTIONS (VIDEO VERSION)
Pre-Class Instructions (TEXT VERSION)
Using Twitter as a professional development tool is very easy!
If you are new to Twitter…
1. Simply go to www.twitter.com
2. If you are new to Twitter, sign up in the bottom right corner. Write your name, email address, and password.
3. Click "Sign Up"
4. You will have to come up with your username.
5. Click on Create Account
NOTE: When you are using Twitter, you may see an @ in front of someone’s username. The @ sign is often used to call out usernames in Tweets, like this: Hello @Twitter! When a username is preceded by the @ sign, it becomes a link to a Twitter profile.
6. Take a few moments to explore Twitter and come to class with 2 questions about the social network for further discussion .
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SEMINAR PART 1: SEARCHING TWITTER
Searches or Hashtags Directions
- Make sure that you are logged into Twitter
- Go to the Search Box in the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Type in something that you are interested in OR you can use hashtags # to find key words or phrases
- You may see someone use a # before a relevant keyword or phrase (no spaces) in their Tweet to categorize those their Tweet and make it more easily appear in a Twitter search
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SEMINAR PART 2: WHO TO FOLLOW
Do this as many times as you would like. When you are finished, you may see the entire list by clicking "see previous responses"