February 1, 2016
Welcome to our New Teachers!
Welcome to Ms. Barbret - Our new 5th grade teacher has arrived! Many of you had a chance to meet her on Friday, but if you didn't get to, I encourage you to pop by Room 12 and say hello!
Welcome to Ms. Romero - Katherine Romero will be our 2nd grade long term substitute while Mrs. Ekmekji is out to tend to baby Ekmekji once he arrives.
Welcome to Ms. Rogers - Anna Rogers will be our 6th-8th long term sub while Mrs. Hart carries out her maternity leave.
Formal Observations Begin This week
Lunch with Principal - Friday, Feb. 5
Student Retention Lists
1) Each teacher may retain 2 students only (unless there's a reasonable argument for more)
2) Any student up for retention must have an SST
Please list your candidates for retention in this document by the end of this week.
Office Staff Location Schedule
Coming Up This Week...
- 12:45 - ILT Meeting - Room 30
- 1:45 - YPI Check-In
- 7:30 - Conference for E. Lopez (Barno, Pope)
- 10:15 - Estrada Data Talk
- 11:35 - Draeger Data Talk
- 12:30 - Instructional Walk-through
- 2:30 - Fisette Data Talk
- 3:15 - 6th Grade Check-In
- 4:00 - Boys JV Basketball Game - Berean Church (4211 W. Adams Blvd, L.A. 90018)
- 12:00 - Alvarez Data Talk
- 1:30 - Faculty PD (Modeling: Burcar, Rosenberg)
- 5:30 - Boys Varsity Basketball Game - St. Jerome (5880 Thornburn St. L.A. 90045)
- 7:50 - World's Finest Chocolate Rally @Morning Assembly
- 8:15 - IEP - L. Hernandez (Amaya)
- 5:00 - Girls JV Basketball Game - Century Community (901 Maple St., Inglewood 90301)
- 7:30 - Pre-conference - Tzul
- 8:00 - 10:00 - Mrs. Buczek Out - Director's Meeting
- 10:20 - FORMAL: Tzul
- 11:15 - TK-2 Lunch with Principal (Please send your students to office)
- 12:00 - 3rd-8th Lunch with Principal (Please send your students to Room 7)
- 2:00 - IEP - A. Flores (Fisette, Huynh)
- 4:00 - Girls Varsity Basketball Game - Culver City (4601 Elenda St. Culver City 90230-Front Gym)
- 5:00 - Boys Varsity Basketball Game - Culver City (4601 Elenda St. Culver City 90230 - Back Gym near grass field)
Buczek's Tentative Schedule
We are still looking for extra help on the yard (major shout-out to those of you who have already volunteered!) A few reminders for when you're on watch:
- Be super VISIBLE (walk around, stay standing, avoid being hidden by students coming to speak to you)
- Be super VIGILANT (really look around, walk over to groups of students that are huddled in the far corners of the yard, walk past the bathrooms several times, and please no cell phone use during supervision).
2/4-2/26 - World's Finest Chocolate Fundraiser
2/11 - Open Charter PD - Lots of teachers out
2/15 - No School - President’s Day
2/18 - 8th Cap & Gown Photo
2/22 - Benchmark 3 Testing Window Opens
2/22 - Pupil Free Day
2/23 - 3-8 Fire Drill2/28 - S2 Progress Reports Go Home
2/29-3/4 - Read Across America Week
3/2 - Student of Month K-2 (8:45)
Links to Important Forms
Remember to make a copy and share with the observee AND admin.
This one is super important for helping us keeping track of which students have detention on which days. Please submit every time you assign detention.
May be completed online or by paper (see the pink referral forms in your hardcopy VIP binders) but please be sure to submit either one when a student is referred to the office.
To request help from our Tech Guru Mr. Jesus Villareal!
To request help from our Maintenance Guru Mr. Bernard!
To request the convening of a Student Success Team to support a student with sustained difficulties in the area of behavior, academics, attendance, and/or physical/mental health despite documented targeted interventions such as tutoring, parent contact, etc.
504 Referral - coming soon! (Speak directly to Mrs. Pope or Mrs. Fennema in the meantime)