Challenging Minds, Inspiring Hearts
Monday, 1/14: Girls and Boys Basketball Games at St. Christopher begin at 4:30 pm. Our first HOMEROOM contest check for STEPS will take place on MONDAY! The homeroom with the most money raised will get a donut party this week!
Monday Night: Casino Night Committee Planning Meeting at 6:30 pm in the Teachers Lounge
Wednesday, 1/16: Boys HOME game vs. True Cross at 5:30 pm--We need all the support we can get to battle True Cross! Please come support our boys!
OLOF Spelling Bee 2019
Our 2nd-8th grade scholars participated in homeroom class spelling bees. The top four winners were selected to participate in the All School Spelling Bee on Wednesday, January 9, 2019. The competition was intense and all participants did an amazing job!
Congratulations to all of our Spelling Bee participants and winners!!! A special Thank You to Mrs. White for organizing our Spelling Bee!!
Our winners are as follows:
2nd-4th grade winners
1st Place Hailey LaValle
2nd Place Luke Dunkel
3rd Place Gabby Molina
5th-8th grade winners
1st Place Madison Rodriguez
2nd Place Mychal Garza
3rd Place Angel Juarez
Catholic School's Week
Catholic School’s Week Activities and Theme Days
THEME: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed.
Sunday, January 27: LEADers in our Parish- Kick off CSW with ALL School Mass
- We need the whole school to attend!
- PreK-3rd attendance will count towards their Religion grade.
- 4th-8th attendance will count as a test grade for their Leadership, Speech, and Choir Elective.
- Some of the older kids (4-8) will be LEADing in the choir, acting as ushers, doing the readings, intentions, etc.
Monday, January 28: Crazy About LEARNing
- · Scholars may wear CRAZY accessories (hat, socks, and scarves) and CRAZY hair with their regular school uniform
Tuesday, January 29: LEADing Two By Two: TWINNING TUESDAY
- Scholars may dress as a TWIN with another scholar.
- We will have PASTRIES with PARENTS 7:15am-8:00am in the Gym before morning assembly; BOOK FAIR will be open to all!
Wednesday, January 30: Serving those Who SERVE Us
- MASS DAY- Wear Regular Mass uniform
- Goodies With Grandparents 7:15-8:00; grandparents invited to attend Mass after
- Student Council members will SERVE and deliver goody baskets around the community. We are asking each grade level to donate if you can. Whatever we are lacking, the school will supplement.
- Prek3 and 4: water bottles
- Kinder and 1st : nuts of any kind
- 2nd and 3rd: mini pretzel, goldfish, and cookie bags
- 4th: fruits (apples, oranges, bananas, cuties, etc)
- 5th-8th: candy, chocolates, mints, etc. Individually wrapped if possible
- We will make and deliver baskets for City Hall, Police, Fire, Parish, etc. If you have an empty basket, we will take that too!
- TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR STEPS for STUDENTS! Scholars MUST be registered by NOON to be eligible for our SOCK HOP Incentive on FRIDAY! Please see the STEPS for STUDENTS Contest Flyer for more information!
Thursday, January 31: “Sportin” SUCCESS: Wear Sports Shirts and Jeans
- In support of our clergy, who ALL love sports, scholars will be allowed to wear any sports shirt or jersey and JEANS
- Scholars will make cards and may bring gifts for Father Clint, Deacon Joe, Deacon John, or any other clergy in our parish. We will “tackle” our clergy with love!
- Thursday Night:5-7pm OPEN HOUSE and 8th grade Class Washington DC Trip Spaghetti Fundraiser Dinner (all proceeds to benefit the 8th grade class trip)
- Book Fair Open!
- All Students attending OPEN HOUSE will receive a FREE DRESS PASS for tomorrow, Friday, 2/1
- During Open House, Miss Monica and Miss Angelica will have our Early Bird Enrollment Table Set-up with more information about early enrollment for 2019-2020!
Friday, February 1: STEP INTO FALCON PRIDE
To wrap up our CSW and GEAR UP for STEPS for STUDENTS we will:
- Have a ½ day
- We WILL have Extended Day
- Our 2nd Annual STEPS for STUDENTS SOCK HOP will be from 10:30-12:00; ONLY Students who are registered by NOON on January 30 will be able to attend—GET REGISTERED TODAY!
- PTL will be providing FREE ROOT BEER FLOATS during the SOCK HOP!
***The Living Museum Date has been moved to 2/28***
8th Grade Scholars Washington D.C. Fundraiser
Thank you for your support!!
Campus Security Updates
The OLOF and ECC campus now are equipped with security cameras. The cameras are monitoring all of the hallways, entrances and exits.
Many thanks go to the City of Texas City, Texas City Police Department, and the Texas City Independent School District for their help with the safety and security evaluations and recommendations for OLOF. Special thanks go to the City’s IT crew for assisting us with the security camera installation.
The safety of all of our scholar's and our Baby Falcons in the ECC is a top property to everyone!
We are wrapping up our basketball season. We only have a few games left. Monday both Boys and Girls play away at St. Christopher, and on Wednesday the Boys host True Cross. Go Falcons.
As we look into the future, we have scholars interested in softball, track, and soccer. Be looking for more information in the next flyer!
Steps for Students
Father Clint will be leading a training session for all those who have registered for Steps for Students this Saturday 1/13/18 at 9:00 am. Everyone will meet in Kukral Hall and are asked to bring water, towel and a yoga mat if you have one. All skill levels are welcome!
Each homeroom will compete against each other for the most money raised. The competition will start this Monday. Remember to raise money, first register, and then ask for sponsors (grandparents, work, friends, family) to donate to your page. Our school gets 100% of all donations and only $2 of your registration fee is donated to the Catholic Schools Office. So Fatima gets almost everything and we use that money for field trips, extra curricular activities, etc. We need your support!
In addition to each homeroom competing, any scholar who is registered by NOON on 1/31 will be eligible for our 2nd Annual SOCK HOP and get a root beer float! Also if 100% of the school registers, we will have a school wide movie and popcorn day before we dismiss for spring break!
Our school wide goal is $5,000! I know we can do it!