CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
It has been a long week as we have progressed through the Elementary Basketball League playoffs. One could say that it is the final countdown. To that end, I'm sharing a must see video of Abilene (4th grade) dancing to the song The Final Countdown. Originally shared with her mother, this interpretive dance has gone viral. When asked if I could share it with you she responded with "Do it." As we head into this final weekend of basketball and cheer, we hope our athletes are as dialed in as Abilene is in this video!
We hope to see everyone tonight at the basketball game! We play Richards Elementary at 7:15 p.m. at Columbus East High School. The winner moves on to the championship game that will be held Saturday at Columbus East High School. Tip-off for the boys game will be 9:30 a.m. Be sure to wear RED!
Our cheerleaders will be competing Saturday in the cheer competition. The competition will start at 1 p.m. and our girls are slated to compete last. Clearly, saving the best for last! Good luck ladies!
CHEER Day- Order of Performance
Congratulations to the girls basketball team for finishing their season this past Monday. They hung in with a good Parkside team fairly well before eventually being defeated. Through it all they had fun and competed hard. Great things are on the horizon for this young team!
Mrs. Aldrich and Miss Deyerling's classes celebrated the 100th day of school in style this past Tuesday. Will (pictured), and many of his friends, dressed up for the occasion as if they were 100 years old. New Husky, Jaxson, shared a video message with us as well! Check our Instagram and Facebook accounts for all the photos. Lots of fun!
Finally, I have included a link to a video of a Rockcreek student who was featured on the Today show this morning. She is a cancer survivor and it is an incredible story. Definitely worth watching.
Have a great weekend,
Updates and Upcoming Events
- We are in need of volunteer coaches for Girls On the Run and Trailblazers (boys) for this upcoming season. Registration opens on February 1st. Please email email@example.com if you would be interested. Attached below is important dates concerning both programs.
- The Book Fair will be the week of February 5th through the 8th. The theme is "Surf into Reading".
- Teachers will be sending home parent-teacher conference information this week. We have changed the format slightly. Of course, any parent can request a conference with their teacher at any time.
- CSA Lincoln and CSA Fodrea now have a employment posting on the BCSC website for Elementary Counselor Administrative Assistant. This individual will work closely with our school counselor, Alisha Thompson, to help her with many of her administrative duties. Those interested should apply online! Please share this with anyone you feel might be interested in the position. You can also contact me if you have further questions.
- 4th Grade Parents- The Association of Indiana Counties (AIC) is having an essay contest. While we have shared this information with your students, it is not something they will spend time on in class. We are sharing this with you in case your student has an interest. The file is attached.
- Central Middle School Open House for incoming 6th grade students was this past week. If you missed it and want to learn more about the different pathways, please see the attached PowerPoint presentation.
Husky Gram Winners
Mrs. Cash's class celebrated 101 days of school!
CSA Lincoln Night with the Pacers:
Get your tickets for the Pacers vs. Clippers game on Friday, March 23rd! Send your order form and payment to the main office by February 16th!
CSA Lincoln Family Night at Kidscommons!
Our Family Night at Kidscommons will now be on Thursday, February 1st from 6-8pm. Free after-hours admission for Husky Families! Come to mix and mingle with other CSAL families. Hope to see you all there!
It's Box Tops contest time!
It's Box Tops submission time again. Our "Show Your Love" contest starts next Monday - Friday, February 16th make sure to send in your Box Tops (labeled with your grade or teacher)! Specially marked containers per grade will be located between the library and the stairwell across from the gym on the lower level. This is a GRADE LEVEL contest so both classes in the grade with the most Box Tops collected will win an ice cream treat! Good Luck to all!
"Show Your Love" Boxtops Contest -
Monday, January 29 - Friday, February 16, 2018
CSA Lincoln Family Night at Kidscommons - Thursday, February 1,2018
Pacers Night ticket order forms due - Friday, February 16, 2018
CSA Lincoln Pacers Night - Friday, March 23, 2018
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley