Lake Travis Volleyball
Week 10: October 1st - October 6th
THIS MONTH IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND BREAST CANCER AWARENESS
VARSITY IS WEARING PURPLE SHOELACES TO RAISE AWARENESS ON DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
Our goal is to raise $2,000.00 for breast cancer research for THE SIDEOUT FOUNDATION. Please help us by making donations all month to the link below.
SIDE-OUT FOUNDATION GOAL IS TO RAISE $1500.00 FOR BREAST CANCER AWARENESS
We are excited to be part of The Side-Out Foundation and its Dig Pink initiative, and we need your help to make our campaign successful!
Funds raised for Side-Out go toward a clinical trial specifically for patients with stage 4 breast cancer, the most advanced form of the disease and the least funded area of research.
Thank you so much for helping us to make an impact!
Week 10 Game Plan
JV practice- Morning
Varsity & Freshman- After School
Tuesday- WEAR YELLOW Beat Del Valle
Wednesday- ALL TEAMS AFTER SCHOOL WEAR WHITE PROGRAM FOR FLOAT Team Building- Make a Mums
CANDY IS NEEDED BY WEDNESDAY (BRING FUN SIZE CANDY)
Thursday- JV & Varsity- AM 7:00-8:15 ARRIVE AT 6:45 am
Freshman after school until 5:30pm
Friday- No School (GAME DAY)
FRESHMAN & JV ARRIVE AT 3:30 PM TO SET UP FOR THE GAME
VARSITY ARRIVE 2:45 FOR WALK THRU
VARSITY MATCH IS 5:30 AND JV IS 6:30
FRESHMAN BLACK 5:30 AND FRESHMAN RED IS 6:30
Big- Sis/ Little Sis gift exchange (less than $5.00 something pink would be awesome) NOT MANDATORY
Sunday- REST AND RECOVERY * FAITH * FAMILY * VOLLEYBALL
3:30- 5:30 PM
DIG PINK LAKE TRAVIS BEAT HAYS
THINGS TO KNOW!
1. OCTOBER 3rd- THE GIRLS NEED RIBBON FOR THEIR MUMS
2. During Homecoming week we will have each girl make a mum. Our booster club will buy the necessary materials for this project; however, the girls will need to bring is strips of ribbon that represent themselves. The girls will bring a ribbon for each one of their teammates, their big sister, and all four coaches. Each ribbon strip should measure 12 inches in length, and the girls can add their name and number on the ribbon with marker or paint . If your daughter paints her name on the ribbon, please make sure it is dry before bringing your ribbons to school. Everyone will need to bring the ribbons on or before Wednesday, October 18th. If you have any additional supplies like staples, hot glue guns, or stickers, please bring them on October 3rd for our mum party.
*****Each girl will need to bring 1 bag of candy on Wednesday, October 3rd to throw out for the homecoming parade. Please don't bring any chocolate candy because it melts and gets everywhere.
*** We will be feeding the girls pizza on Wednesday, October 3rd before the parade. The girls will need to wear the same vball shirt (girls get to pick) for the parade!
3. We will practice on Monday, October 8th from 4:00 pm-5:30 pm.
4. Dig Pink Match is Tuesday, Oct. 9th! The dig pink shirts are $10. The girls can purchase their shirt next Monday so they can wear them for the month of October. We will have a t shirt table for anyone who wants to purchase a shirt.
Parent volunteers are also needed for the decorating committee. Please check and sign up on the link this week.
5. This Friday we will be scouting for the playoffs. Right now we are looking at (SV, Clemens, Steele & Canyon)
6. Senior Night is approaching on October 16th we will play the match at 6:30 pm and the presentation will be before the varsity match. SENIOR PARENTS will need to make a poster for your daughter with baby pictures to post on the glass trophy case at the entrance.
We will have senior breakfast on October 16th at 7:30 am Location: TBA
7. SAVE THE DATE: Volleyball banquet this year will be on Sunday, December 2nd from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. This year we will host the banquet in our cafeteria. We will have a decoration committee starting at 12:00 pm.
8. 1st playoff game will be either October 29th or 30th. Please plan on attending for support.
9. ACL is fast approaching!!!!! It is very important that our girls are making good decisions and not putting themselves into situations where they can jeopardize our season! Please remember the ECC you signed at the beginning of the season. I have attached the forms below to review with your athlete.
10. Please wash all your volleyball equipment this weekend!
11. Just a reminder Texas volleyball will be playing at Gregory Gym coming up in October.
12. I am so glad to see teams are still doing things together. Keep up the team bonding and don't forget to take some pictures.
HOMECOMING PARADE- OCTOBER 3rd
DIG PINK OCTOBER 9th
SENIOR BREAKFAST, SENIOR NIGHT OCTOBER 16TH
START TO ORDER PLAYOFF SHIRTS
VARSITY PLAYOFF KICK-OFF DINNER- OCTOBER 24TH
PLAYOFFS BEGIN- OCTOBER 29TH OR 30TH 1ST ROUND
2ND ROUND NOVEMBER 1ST OR 2ND
3RD ROUND NOVEMBER 5TH OR 6TH
4TH ROUND NOVEMBER 8TH OR 9TH
STATE WEEK NOVEMBER 14TH THRU 18TH
9 week grade check
As per state mandate for no pass no play regulations, grades will be checked at the end of the first 9 weeks of academic classes on Oct 12th. Students must be passing all classes with a 70 or above to remain eligible through the end of the grading period.
MORE DETAILS BELOW FROM LAKE TRAVIS:
Friday Oct. 12th ends grading period
Tuesday Oct 16th grades will lock
All AP courses are allowed one waiver per course per semester.
Please note the dates below for grade reporting and their impact on UIL eligibility. Grades must be kept current, entered in TX Connect, and verified before grade books are locked at 8:40AM. Grade reports will be distributed to students during 2nd period on the third school day after the end of a grading period, to be signed by a parent and returned the following 2nd period.
Students gain or lose eligibility at 3:50pm on the effective date.
Grades should be closed out for all students at the end of the nine week grading period. A student with an incomplete grade is ineligible at the end of the seven day grace period unless the incomplete was replaced with a passing grade prior to the end of the grace period. Students with an incomplete grade either within or beyond the end of the seven day grace period may regain eligibility if the work is made up in accordance with the district policy regarding make-up work.