2016-2017 LVES Weekly Parent Newsletter
October 14, 2016 - Issue #8
Golden Ticket Winners
It's been another busy week of earning Golden Tickets at LVES! Keep up the great work Vikings of being Respectful, Responsible and Safe!
Congratulations to the following classes for earning 50 Golden Tickets:
- Mrs. Cook - Kindergarten
- Mrs. Rowin - Kindergarten
- Mrs. Simons - 1st Grade
- Mrs. Outlaw - 2nd Grade
- Mrs. Kudrna - 2nd Grade
- Mrs. Jimenez - 2nd Grade
- Mrs. Baker - 3rd Grade
- Mrs. Burpee - 3rd Grade
- Mrs. Stern - 3rd Grade
Our school-wide total as of today is 3200! That means that we not only met our school-wide goal, but exceeded it BEFORE the October 21st deadline!!! We will have our dance party the last 10-minutes of school on Friday, October 21st.
Grade Level Totals:
- Kindergarten - 700 Golden Tickets
- 1st Grade - 550 Golden Tickets
- 2nd Grade - 1200 Golden Tickets
- 3rd Grade - 700 Golden Tickets
Running of the Vikings - Tonight
Remember that students must have their grey Running of the Viking shirt to receive free admission and be able to run through the tunnel. All shirts were delivered to students Thursday.
Early Release on October 28th
Please note that there will not be afternoon PPCD classes on October 28th. All transportation changes for October 28th are due on or before October 27th. Transportation changes will not be accepted on early release days.
Write-the-Check Fundraiser Update
We have currently raised $1,620 for our “Write-a-Check” campaign. That means we need to raise $1,380 today to meet our goal! We would like to send a BIG thank you to our donors so far:
There's still time to donate! Our campaign closes today, but you can visit our website at http://lvespto.webs.com/contact-donate to donate via PayPal. Remember, all money raised by the PTO goes back into the classroom to enhance our children's educational experience.
We have a fantastic school year ahead of us. As we anticipate the memories, friendships and special times ahead, we’re also looking forward to one of our favorite traditions—the yearbook.
We have completely rebranded this years yearbook! We have a BIG surprise in store for this year's edition! Stay tuned next week for details about what this school years edition has to offer! Take advantage of our special pricing-$20! We are currently taking online orders. Deadline for early bird special is December 16th. Late orders will be $25. Don’t miss out on this limited-time offer and surprise!
You may place your order online
yearbook ID code: 13030117
Keep us in mind through out the 2016-2017 school year as you attend field trips and school related activities. We want your photos! Simply submit them as you take them to LVESyearbook@gmail.com. Please specify grade level and school function in subject. We appreciate and look forward to all of your submissions!
Yearbook cover contest: (3rd grade parents) Thank you for all of the creative submissions so far for this year's custom yearbook cover contest. Deadline is October 21st. Please see LVES weekly-issue 6 for details. Any questions? Email LVESyearbook@gmail.com
Yearbook suggestion box: Starting Monday, there will be a box in the front office of the school labeled ‘yearbook suggestions’. Parents and students are encouraged to place yearbook suggestions, wishes, favorite quotes, ideas, etc in the box. The same may also be emailed to LVESyearbook@gmail.com with subject line: Suggestions. We look forward to hearing from all of you!
Yearbook Cover Contest Ends on Friday!
The PTO is raising additional funds thru the Box Tops Program and we need your help. We will also be collecting Sunny D labels for free books. For every 20 Sunny D labels turned into your child's teacher, Sunny D will donate 20 free books. Our goal this school year is to earn $1000 in box tops. The class with the most box tops and Sunny D labels turned into their teachers by Nov 18th will receive Free Sonic Ice Cream Cones.
LVISD October Character Trait - RESPECT
- Follow the Golden Rule
- Be tolerant and accepting of differences
- Use good manners, not bad language
- Be considerate of the feelings of others
- Don't threaten, hit, or hurt anyone
- Deal peacefully with anger, insults and disagreements
Mrs. Sexton will be teaching students about respect in this month's guidance lessons.
Weekly Attendance Goal
- 95% - We didn't make our goal this week, but read next week's newsletter to see if we made our 9-week goal of 97% or better.
Remember our weekly attendance is 97%.
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Kimberly Latham-Whitehead, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Eric Holt, Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendars...
- October 19th: Fall Pictures
- October 24th - 28th: Red Ribbon Week, details and themes will be coming home soon
- October 27th: LVES CEIC Meeting, 3:15 in Community Room
- October 27th: Transportartion changes for Early Release due
- October 28th: Early Release at 11:30 for Parent/Teacher Conferences, no pm PPCD classes
- October 28th: Football Players Visit
- October 28th: 3rd Grade attends LVHS Pep Rally, 9:00 am
- October 28th: Report Cards go home in Friday folders
- October 31st: Book Character Parade, 8:30 am
- November 2nd: Perfect Attendance and Honor Roll Recognition during lunches