Mrs. Berger's Weekly Update!
September 1st, 2015
I am very excited to start the year off and to spend this week meeting all of you at our back to school meetings!
I plan to distribute my weekly newsletter in this format so please review the information to familiarize yourself with the layout and information.
I am here to help, so please let me know if you have any questions.
Have a great week of learning! Let’s start the year off right by going for the gold!
Your OLS Progress Goal is 2% by September 4th!
- Today please complete the “Introduction to Learning or Welcome Back to Online Learning” course on the Online School. This is approximately 5 lessons if you are New to CAVA this year, and only 1 lesson if you are returning. Please complete all of the lessons today (about an hour) before starting your other lessons this morning.
- Your student’s OLS should be showing their current courses as of today. If it is not, or you feel there is a discrepancy, please email me today so that I can help take care of that!
- Please print the Weekly Plan from your OLS each week to ensure that your student is completing all assigned lessons. (see symbaloo)
- Make sure your student's classroom/work space is set up and organized ready for them to succeed!
- Make sure Student Guides are accessible for the student, as this is where they will be pulling their offline work from.
- Take the iReady Assessment the first 2 days of school if you have not already completed it. (see symbaloo)
- Complete a lesson or two on your daily plan for today.
- Log attendance for the day. (see symbaloo) If your student does PE for today, please make sure that the number of minutes that you enter into the OLS matches the number of minutes on the student’s PE Log (see symbaloo). 200 weekly minutes are required (this has changed from previous years’ from 100 minutes weekly).
- The BTSP It is an online form completed annually at the start of each school year. The state of California requires that CAVA collect this information every year. You have been or will be getting an automated email to your personal email you gave to CAVA from email@example.com. If you are having issues when filling out the BTSP, you can request help by submitting a BTSP Support Request Ticket. http://tinyurl.com/BTSP-Support-Ticket
- I am working on your ILPs and you should have them by the end of the week.
Check This Out On Our Symbaloo Page
- Parent resources for anyone that is new to CAVA or returning families that need additional help please see “New to CAVA." We are here to help you!
- All CAVA Outings will be posted on a main CAVA Outings Website. See "CAVA Outings" for more information.
Mark Your Calendars
1st Quarter: September 1 to November 4
- 1st – First Day of School
- 2nd – North OC Back to School Meeting
- 3rd – South OC Back to School Meeting
- 8th Class Connect Sessions Begins
- 14th Homeroom Class Connect Begins
- 1st LP1 PE Log Due
- 12th Columbus Day, No School
- 23rd Q1 Work Samples, Composition, Math TGA Due
- 26th Anti-Bullying Assembly 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. in place of Homeroom Class Connect
- 26th Red Ribbon Week
- 26th Academic Olympics-iReady “Olympic Trials” this week
- 10/26-11/7 Semester 1 In-Person Quarterly Academic Conference Window
- 10/26-11/7 Watch Class Connect Recorded Sessions, no live classes
- 30th LP2 PE Log Due
Dana Point Turkey Trot
Thursday, Nov. 26th, 9:30am
Dana Point, CA, United States
Dana Point, CA
Are you coming?
RSVP here to let me know if you will be there!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.