WHS Warrior Bulletin
- October 1 Picture Retakes 7:30 am-1:00 pm
- October 4 Senior All Class Group Picture 7:45 am
- October 6 Homecoming Parade and Pep Rally 6:30 pm
- October 8 Homecoming Football Game 7 pm
- October 9 Homecoming Dance 7-10 pm
- October 13 and 14 Parent-Teacher Communication Days
- October 14-October 18 Fall Break for Students
- October 18 Professional Learning Day for Staff
- October 19 Students Return to Classes
Parent Teacher Communication Format and Times
Wednesday, October 13 4-8 pm
- In person.
- Teachers will be at desks/tables in Front Entry, Courtyard, and Main Gym.
Thursday, October 14 8 am-10:45 am and 11:30 am-4:00 pm
- 8 am-10:45 am Virtual via phone, Webex, or Email communication.
- 10:45-11:30 am Lunch break for staff.
- 11:30 am-2:00 pm In person, in office spaces and Instructional Materials Centers. Maps will be available and staff will help to direct to correct locations.
- 2:00-4:00 pm Virtual via phone, Webex, or Email communication
Tenth Grade Health Screenings
Nebraska state mandated screenings for all 10th grade students and out-of-state transfers students at WHS will be on 10/7/2021 and 11/4/2021.
These screenings will only include: distance vision, hearing, height and weight. Screenings will be conducted during independent mods so that students will not be missing valuable in-person time with their teachers.
Screenings are organized by the WHS school nurse and care is taken to ensure sanitization of instruments and social distancing when possible. For more information, exceptions, or questions please see the following link
Guardians will be notified by letter for any student that does not pass a screening twice.
Dental Screenings will not be completed due to the district mask mandate. Please note that dental care and oral hygiene is very important in this age group. Please consult your dentist if your student has not seen a practitioner in the last year or mentions dental or oral discomfort, as wisdom teeth are often emerging at during high school years.
Thank you for supporting our students’ health initiatives. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Nurse April at email@example.com or 402-343-2624.
Senior Group Photo
- All senior students main campus and west campus are invited and encouraged to be present for the photo.
- Students should be in the main gym by 7:45 am.
- A flyer with ordering options can be downloaded below.
Hey Bowling enthusiasts! Westside is looking for bowlers to participate in Unified Bowling 2021.
- We are looking for both Special Olympic athletes and Unified Partners. You don’t have to be an amazing bowler, just a great person who wants to have fun, learn more about the game, and look really cool in our bowling shirts.
- Unified Bowling is an NSAA Sanctioned Sport. You can earn a School Letter for participation. You need a sports physical to participate.
- Parent informational meeting: October 4th at 5:00 in Room 271 (The Little Theater) @ WHS
- Practices will start Monday, October 18th. Transportation is provided to Mockingbird Lanes and back (around 5:30).
Questions, please contact Melissa Lingerfelt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Wanted at Westside Community Schools
See the flyer below