Art in the Digital Age
Welcome to Ms. O'Hanlon's Art Class!
- Phone Number: 610.701.3333 x1027
- Toll Free: 1.877.725.2785 x1027
- Email: email@example.com
- Canvas Message (for instant messaging)
*Please feel free to contact me at any time!
A time during which Ms. O'Hanlon presents information (new lesson or review).
Every Tuesday at 8:00 am - 8:30 am
- Zoom Classroom link:
Ms. O'Hanlon is available to answer questions related to lessons and homework assignments during the day.
- Zoom Classroom link:
- LESSON HELP schedule: I am happy to help you in art anytime. Send me a Moodle Message and I will be glad to open up the chat room and assist you.
Offered by a variety of teachers in the evenings.
- Community Classroom link: http://community.palcs.org/hw-middle/
- Homework Help schedule:
Students will explore:
Students will learn the key aspects of design, and demonstrate their knowledge of basic principles. This course will prepare students to use a broad range of technology programs like Paint.net and Adobe Photoshop. Students will understand how to identify, analyze and create various forms of graphic art.
Content Outline: Click for PA Standards
Topics Covered in Art:
- 1- Graphic Design Introduction
- Chapter 1: Understanding Graphic Design
- Chapter 2: Thinking Like a Graphic Designer
- 2- History of Design
- Chapter 3: Visual Communication
- Manipulating images
- Chapter 4: Aesthetics (Color, Shape, Space, Balance, etc.)
- Chapter 5: Pop Art
- Image and Logo Design (Andy Warhol)
- 3- Design Found in Visual Culture
- Chapter 6: Messages in Art
- Typography (Artist- Paul Rand)
- 4- Artists are Planners
- Chapter 7: Planning and Preparing
- 5- Graphic Artists
- Chapter 8: David Carson
- Chapter 9: Saul Bass
- Chapter 10: Milton Glaser
1st Progress Report- September 26, 2016
2nd Progress Report- October 18, 2016
End of MP1- November 8, 2016
1st Progress Report- December 1, 2016
2nd Progress Report- December 22, 2016
End of MP2- January 25, 2017
1st Progress Report- February 16, 2017
2nd Progress Report- March 10, 2017
End of MP3- March 31, 2017
1st Progress Report- May 1, 2017
2nd Progress Report- May 22, 2017
End of MP4- June 13, 2017
- Textbook: none
- As stated in the PALCS Course Catalog, you are required to have a sketchbook, pencil, and colored pencils
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN ART?
Here are some tips that should be helpful in order for YOU to be successful in this course -
- Log on to your art course and PALCS mail every day.
- Attend weekly chats.
- Take your education here at PALCS seriously. Please communicate with me any questions you have.
- Make sure to keep art supplies/projects away from siblings, pets or anything that else that could disturb your wonderful work!
- Apply what you learn.
- HAVE FUN!!