Anderson School News! 10/5/20
Digging "IN"to Learning!
Dates to Remember
- October 8 and 9 - Parent-Teacher Conferences (no student attendance)
- October 12 - Columbus Day (no student attendance)
- October 15 - Picture Retakes and Remote Student Pictures (see below)
- October 28 - Chipotle PTO Dine Out Night 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- November 3 - Election Day (no student attendance) - NEW THIS YEAR!
- November 6 - End of 1st Trimester
- November 9 - Remote Learning Planning Day for Staff (non-attendance day for students)
- November 23-27- Thanksgiving Break
More info about Parent Teacher Conferences
This year’s student conferences are different in more ways than one. The fact that they will be done via Zoom is definitely a significant change. But the timing and focus is an even bigger shift than in past years. Rather than focusing on reviewing report cards and student progress, these conferences will be primarily focused on looking at strengths and areas of growth for each student and then sharing goals related to academics and learner characteristics. Research shows that students perform better and learn more when they are involved in the decisions made regarding their education. Goal-setting is an essential way to involve students. Your child should be joining his or her conference for at least a portion of the time. Having them as part of the conversation is an important part of building responsibility and ownership of learning. Our teachers look forward to partnering with all of you in order to support each individual child. Please reflect on the following questions so that you can share your insights at your child’s conference.
What has been a success for your child?
What has been a challenge?
How can you support your child with reaching his or her goals?
I look forward to hearing from students about the goals that they have set and the steps they will be taking to achieve them!
Principal - Anderson School
How do I find the link to my child's Parent-Teacher Zoom Call?
1: Home icon
2: School LInks tab
3: Parent-Teacher Conference Scheduler
4: Log into your PickaTime account
5: Confirm you have the correct school and date
6: Click on the "Printable Schedule" link at the top.
You should have also received an email from Pick-a-Time that included the Zoom link when you selected your child's conference time.
Need, help? Please call the school office. We are happy to point you in the right direction.
Reminder if you want to meet with your child's Specials Teachers...(Music, Art, PE, LRC)
If you would like to meet with one or more of your child’s specials teachers, please email them directly to set up a conference time. Many of our specials teachers teach in multiple buildings and this will ensure that you are able to find a time that works for all involved.
- Art Teacher - Mrs. Varga - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Teacher - Mrs. Hammons (all grades except 1st) - email@example.com
- Music Teacher - Mrs. Miller (1st grade) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- P.E. Teacher - Mr. Smith - email@example.com
- Orchestra - Mrs. Mezera - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Band - Mrs. Rice - email@example.com
- AT Math - Mrs. Ksiazek - firstname.lastname@example.org