Welcome to the 2021-2022 School Year
Message From the Principal
ANNUAL STUDENT INFORMATION UPDATE IN SKYWARD
If you have not completed the Annual Student Information Update please click on the link below to do so by August 12, 2021.
New Student Enrollment
Enrollment is contingent upon students meeting all enrollment requirements, including but not limited to address verification through the campus registrar.
To expedite your student’s enrollment, please be prepared to submit the following documents electronically while you are completing the New Student Online Enrollment application.
- Proof of residency in Klein ISD
- Current gas, water, or electricity bill with parent/guardian name/address
- Lease agreement with all children listed on the lease along with a utility bill listed above
- Earnest Money Contract (utility bill required within 30 days of closing on the home)
- Proof of child’s identity (original birth certificate preferred)
- Transcript/report cards from previous school
- Complete immunization health records
- Student's Social Security Card (preferred)
- Parent/Guardian Identification (preferred)
*You will only be contacted if all required documents were not submitted electronically during the online enrollment process.
FREE MEALS FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
Be A H.E.R.O.
Fridays are school spirit day. Click on the link below to order your child(ren) a school spirit shirt. Shirts will be delivered to the school and will come home in your child's backpack.
Many of you were able to purchase your child's(ren) school supplies during our pre-sale, if you did not, here are a few other options:
-You can still purchase supplies through EPI, although you will have to pay shipping costs. Visit EPI at www.educationalproducts.com/ShopPacks and use code MET053 (three letters, three numbers). Please note your order may not be received prior to the first day of school.
-You can also purchase supplies on your own. Our supply lists can be found on our Metzler website under Family Resources. (Metzler.kleinisd.net)
Our school hours are 8:05-3:25. Instruction begins at 8:05 am. Students not in class at 8:05 am will be marked tardy. To ensure a smooth start to your child's day, please ensure you child is at school prior to 8:05 am. Students may start arriving to school at 7:40 am. Please do
not drop your child off prior to 7:40 am, as staff members will not be on duty to supervise them. Breakfast will be available in the cafeteria starting at 7:40 am.
If you need to drop your child off prior to 7:40 am, Campus Kids Before and After School Program is available at Metzler. For information about this program please contact Campus Kids.
Campus Kids Enrollment:
Contact Campus Kids at 281-468-8013 or 281-222-4186
Visit the Campus Kids website at www.campuskidsllc.com
First Day of School
Carpool Drop off is on the south side of the building facing West Rayford Road
- Students may start entering the building at 7:40
- Please make sure car riders have their backpacks and exit vehicles expeditiously, on the passenger side.
- Vehicles should pull all the way up to the end of the sidewalk along the carpool porch
- Students may not be dropped off in the parking lot.
- All adults must stay in their car while dropping students off, when parents/guardians get out of their cars it delays drop off and can cause a back up and delay students from getting to class on time. If your child needs assistance, roll down you window and a staff member will assist.
- Please place a tag on your child's backpack that includes their first and last names and the name of their teacher.
- There will be staff members stationed in the hallways to assist them in finding their classrooms.
Carpool Pickup is on the south side of the building facing West Rayford Road
- Dismissal begins at 3:25
- We ask that all drivers follow the designated car rider route and be attentive by refraining from talking and/or texting on your cell phone while in the school zone. The safety of our students, faculty, and staff is our upmost priority.
- To pick up students in the car rider area, you will need a carpool tag in your windshield. Families with students in multiple grade levels will be issued a car number based on the grade of the youngest child.
- Carpool tags will be issued during Meet the Teacher.
- The lane closest to the school will be reserved for Pre-K and Kinder students. The other lanes will be reserved for families of students in 1st-5th grades.
- All cars in the immediate pick-up area must be loaded before cars are allowed to move forward.
- All adults must stay in their car while dropping students off, when parents/guardians get out of their cars it delays pick up and can cause a back up and delay dismissal.
- Please remove your carpool tag from your windshield once your child(ren) is in the vehicle. This will help us determine when the line can move forward to exit the pick-up area.
Please click on the attachment below to view carpool procedures and a map of the carpool route.
We are so thrilled to be able to welcome families back into our building! To enter the
building, please have your ID handy, as you will be asked to show it and state the nature of your visit. Once entry is granted, you will be able to proceed to the front office. I know it is awkward, but please do not allow other visitors to follow you into the building, as we will need to validate each entry request. Thank you for your support with keeping our students and staff safe!
VISITOR LUNCH SCHEDULE
Due to limited space each grade level will have a designated day for lunch visitors. Lunch visits will begin on September 7th. This will allow time for our Huskies to learn cafeteria procedures prior to having visitors.
1st Grade- Monday
2nd Grade- Tuesday
3rd Grade- Wednesday
4th Grade- Thursday
5th Grade- Thursday
**There will be exceptions for student birthdays