JBD FAMILY FOCUS
April 23, 2021
Wearing RED to Remember Everyone Deployed!
We appreciate your service tremendously!
JBD PURPLE'S UP FOR MILITARY KIDS!
MRS. MCMAHON'S PURPLE UP CREW!
Mr. McArdle & his students
SUPER HERO DAY!
MRS. MCMAHON'S SUPER HEROES!
R.E.D. DAY AT JBD! Remembering Everyone Deployed
Kudos to Debbie Cathey and the rest of the cafeteria staff for giving the ECSE kids a field trip this week. We LOVED IT!
DOG VISIT TO ECSE!
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION STARTS ON TUESDAY APRIL 27!
Once you have completed & we receive your online registration you will be called for an appointment to come to school and bring the following documents and complete your registration:
- Two proofs of residence/address (lease agreement/mortgage statement and current gas, electric, or water bills)
- Certified birth certificate
- Physical examination report (Virginia Form MCH-213Gdated within 12 months prior to starting kindergarten)
- Current immunization records (verified on Virginia Form MCH-213G, public health department form or an immunization document from a qualified physician or licensed nurse practioner)
- Two current emergency contact phone numbers
- May is National Physical Fitness & Sports Month / Better Hearing and Speech Month /Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- May 3-7: Happy Staff Appreciation Week!
- May 3: PTA Staff Appreciation Lunch. Thank you PTA!
- May 6: School Nurse Day! Thank you Mrs. Self & Mrs. Koch!
- May 7: Lunch Super Hero Day! Dress like your favorite Super Hero and thank a Lunch Lady!
- May 9: Happy Mother's Day!
- May 11: Tech Support Team Appreciation Day! Thank you Ms. Campanella & Mr. Bakner!
- May 24 - 28: National Educational Bosses' Week
- May 31: Happy Memorial Day Holiday!
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR
Our Scholastic Online Book Fair will continue through Tuesday, April 27, 2021!
Go to https://www.scholastic.com/bf/dey to shop for Book Fair exclusives directly from the interactive booklist and enjoy these special online shopping features:
· Over 6,000 items, including new releases, best sellers, and value packs
· All orders ship direct to home
· FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
· All purchases support our school library and earn 25% in rewards
All purchases benefit our school library!
Mrs. Susan Hardesty
*Free standard shipping is available on book-only orders of $25 or more, after all discounts are applied. Free standard shipping (books) must be selected during checkout. Orders containing products other than books are not eligible for this shipping promotion.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORT!!
The clinic supply of extra clothes is very low with few options. It is highly recommended to pack an extra change of clothes to keep in your child’s backpack in case of an accident, spill, or slip in water/mud or nosebleed. If there are no clothes in the backpack and we can’t find a size from the clinic supply that will fit comfortably we will call you to bring clothes.
Michele Self, R.N
NEWS FROM OUR MILITARY COUNSELOR
Resources and Partners (credit is given to an elementary school counselor)
Blue Star Families
Congressional Military Family Caucus
Department of Defense Education Activity
DOD Military Family Readiness Council
Military Spouse Magazine
Operation Military Kids
National Military Family Association
American Red Cross
USO Military Child Education Coalition
Armed Services YMCA
Military Impacted Schools Association
Big Brothers Big Sisters
National Guard Association
Noncommissioned Officers Association
American Veterans Association
Military Officers Association of America
Association of the United States Navy
Air Force Association
Veterans of Foreign Wars
Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America
Wounded Warrior Program
Disabled Veterans of America
Tell Me a Story (MCEC)
Parent to Parent (MCEC)
Tutor.com for Military Kids
MIC3 Online Usage Guide
Touching Base Newsletter – Department of Education
Jennifer Minges, LCSW
Military & Family Life Counselor (MFLC)