ICEF Inglewood Middle Charter Academy- Home of the Cougars!
ICEF Inglewood Middle Charter Academy is a learning community of SCHOLAR-LEADERS that are CHALLENGED ACADEMICALLY and embrace the POWER OF REFLECTION with the COLLECTIVE TRUST OF ONE ANOTHER: resulting in the continuous development of a culture of P.R.I.D.E.
- Girls Build LA
- Stand & Deliver
- IIMCA President, Vice President
- Newly formed Student Council
- National Junior Honor's Society
- Young Black Scholars
- Classroom Roles
- Scholars Performing at Various School and Community Events
- Spring Board Curriculum
- Targeted Group Instruction
- Wednesday RTI for our lowest performers
- Weekly Power Standards Assessments
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC) to discuss Math/ELA PSA data
- Higher-Order Questioning
Power Of Reflection
- Monthly PLCs
- Monthly All Staff Meetings
- PLP Meetings
- Honest Conversations With One Another
- Working Together to Build on our Momentum
- Teaching Strategies in the Classroom
- Scholars Reflecting on Negative Behavior and Improving
- Teacher and scholars review classroom and district assessments
Collective Trust of One Another
- Valuing Relationships and Building Trust With Colleagues
- Weekly All Staff Lunches
- Sunshine Committee Events and Celebrations
- Relationship Building Activity During Most Meetings
- Putting our Scholars Ahead of Everything and Making Decisions For Them
- Weekly Assemblies
NO NEED TO WONDER WHY...
Team, continue doing your role/responsibilities to the fullest and we will see our scholars and school community climb to the highest levels!
A few reminders...
Formal Observations are DONE!
If you have not completed your post-observation questions, please do so and submit by tomorrow (4/4) EOD. A goolge drive link was sent two weeks ago.
Informal observations will continue to occur for the remainder of the semester.
If you have any additional questions about the process let me know!
Wednesday Weekly Assemblies
PSAs and Targeted Group Structure
- PSAs will now be completed on Illuminate and data will be extracted via the pie chart that the report displays
- PSA data must be posted in your classrooms and updated weekly
- If there are times when PSAs cannot be administered on Wednesday, choose another day that week to provide the quiz
Targeted Group Structures
- This week, all teachers need to lesson plan for targeted group instruction and your lesson plan must reflect it
- Use the one -pager provided during our instructional meeting to guide your planning
***Save The Date***
Month of April
- 4- 8th Grade Cap 'n' Gown & Spring Pictures (Free Dress)
- 6- Scholar of the Month and SBAC Prep Assembly
- 6- IIMCA ALL Staff Meeting
- 6- YPI Going to Cal Tech
- 8- Alvin Ailey Revelations Field Trip
- 13- YPI Going to Aquarium of the Pacific
- 15- Complexions Ballet Field Trip
- 18- 22- ICEF Arts Week
- 19- Choice Group Event at the Skirball
- 20- Earth Day
- 20- Cadre Meeting Day
- 21- Watts Tower Arts Center Field Trip (8th Grade)
- 21- School Site Council and Parent Information Meeting (Parent Appreciation Night!)
- 22- Watts Tower Arts Center Field Trip (8th Grade)
- 23- Progress Report Grades Due
- 22-24- ICEF Beauty and the Beast Show
- 23-25- SpringBoard Conference (Willis, Turner, Rickett and Collins attending)
- 27- 29- Early Release
- 27- 29- Parent Conferences (1:30 pm to 4 pm)
- 28- YPI/IIMCA Pasadena College Field Trip
THERE ARE NO SECRETS TO SUCCESS. IT IS A RESULT OF PREPARATION, HARD WORK AND LEARNING FROM FAILURE.- COLIN POWELL