Ambassador Update for EduPaths
Weekly Update - 6/13-6/17
Dear Ambassadors and Advisory members,
This week we published several new courses that are now available to users. The courses hit a good range of Pathways and Areas of Interest.
Asking the Right Questions to Guide Student Learning, Assessment and Instruction Pathways
Data Collection and Conferencing, Data Pathway
Defining STEM, Curriculum Pathway
Flip Your Class, Instruction and Technology Pathways
Grade 4: Number & Operations- Fractions, Curriculum Pathway
Illuminate: Getting Started with DnA, Data Pathway
Kindergarten: Number & Operations in Base Ten, Curriculum Pathway
M-Step ELA Practice Assessments, Assessment Pathway
Section 504 Course, Foundations Pathway
We have launched into adding some of our existing courses to Articulate Storyline. This migration will take some time, and with the Summer PD coming up, out timeline for having that project finished will vary as we will be in and out of the office. It is exciting to begin to see the transformation, and it will be a new experience for users in the fall.
Updated Stats for Users on EduPaths and Twitter Followers
The number of EduPaths users continues to increase. EduPaths users - 2,504 (up from 2,398) as of today - Friday, June 17; Twitter followers increase daily - currently at 283.
Where Have We Been?
- Kim met with a smaller group of Great Start Readiness Program this week. Many have registered to become EduPaths content developers during our summer sessions. Way to go, Kim!!
- Advisory & Ambassador meeting on Monday, June 13.
To provide a short update of the things we are currently working on
- Summer PD Flyer - Continue to reach out to the host ISDs to promote the trainings at their site. Use this to recruit and invite educators in your region!!
- Applications are closed at Oakland Schools, Muskegon ISD, and Clinton Co. RESA.
- Will are finalizing our F2F PD for Summer PD sessions. Thanks for some of the good ideas!!
- Summer PD Contracts/Letter of Agreement - CLICK HERE
- All applicants have been contacted about summer PD, have been enrolled in EduPaths Course Creation online course, and many are working through
- Our EduPaths eNewsletter has been hit quite a bit in the last week. Between the 2 Newsletters that went out, over 2800 views. Here is eNewsletter #3. Thank you for sending out far and wide!!
- Still working on statewide conference sites to host booths
- Our next evening Twitter Chat is scheduled for Tuesday, June 28 @ 8:30 pm
Applications Submitted for Summer PD
- Saginaw ISD - 63
- Wayne RESA - 32
- Oakland Schools - 22 - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Clinton County RESA - 29 - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- KRESA - 21
- TBISD - 17
- Muskegon ISD - 9 - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Alpena ESD - 9 - Application closes June 27
- Marquette-Alger RESA - 9
- EUP ISD - 4
We have capacity for 40 participants per site! Looking forward to filling up all sessions!
Resources for Ambassadors
- The G-Presentation is available for showcasing EduPaths.
- SWIVL How-Tos for those who will be presenting at School Improvement Conferences
- The updated list is courses for SCHECHs
- Our updated list of External link courses/resources
- Let us know if you need SWAG! Would love to send some your way for events you may highlight EduPaths in this summer!!
- Work logs are needing to be updated and submitted - be sure to submit to Danielle at your earliest convenience!
- As you have worked through your districts and shared EduPaths, what are you hearing from the field? Share your stories about how things are going with educators in your region!l
- Some have asked how our Ambassadors are sharing EduPaths in their region - Share your strategies for getting EduPaths in front of educators in your area! Will publish in future updates.
Things we are still working on (our ongoing short-list)...
- Working through appropriate language for DPPD for our documentation for districts to use - we have developed a preliminary "final" HELP document. There are EduPaths site programming that will need to happen to make this operational.
- NEW a way to display # of SCECHs for new users on the Course Description page
- STILL adding curriculum standards to the site - Ken is working on a different way to import standards without manually adding them one by one!
It is summer!! Get out and have some fun!! Thank you all for your enthusiastic support!!
Jake Gentry, Kim Garcia, Molly Bruzewski, and Ron Madison
Twitter Chat - Will be Tweeting again June 28 @ 8:30 pm
Summer PD Smore
EduPaths eNewsletter - for the public
Project Manager - Danielle Letter - email@example.com
Instructional DesignersMolly Bruzewski - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Garcia - email@example.com
Jake Gentry - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ron Madison - email@example.com