Top TEN News @ Weston
September 7, 2018
2. eLearning Days are coming for ALL GCSC students. iPads will be coming home after school with your students on Monday, September the 10th. All GCSC students in Kindergarten through 3rd grade are bringing them home so we can check to see who has wifi access. If students do NOT have access to wifi teachers will have alternative activities for them to complete on our upcoming eLearning days. The first eLearning day is on September 26th. All GC families should have received a postcard in the mail with further information. If you did NOT receive a postcard go to this link to learn more http://bit.do/gcelearn
3. Textbook Rental & Supply Fees are due by Sept. 15th. Please contact Rene Guzman in our office to schedule payment. firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Tonight is our Homecoming Football Game beginning at 7:30 at GCHS.
5. Our Success Groups for Kindergarten begins next week. Success groups are a time that we ability group our students into small groups during Reading & Math time. These groups allow us to really focus on your child’s strengths and weaknesses to ensure proper growth. If you have questions about this please contact your child’s teacher.
6. When we return from Fall Break we will begin using School Dismissal Manager. This online system will help organize our dismissal process. All GCSC K-6 students will use this for their daily dismissal communication. More information to come. Watch this video to learn more https://www.schooldismissalmanager.com/video.asp
7. We have begun using BRAG TAGS to celebrate and recognize our students this year @ Weston. Each student has a necklace that they will collect these on in their class. Check out the picture below to see some of the Brag Tags that we have passed out already.
8. We again will be selling World’s Finest Chocolate to help raise money for the classrooms and school as a whole! The Kick Off will be on October 25th. More info to come :)
9. Smithsonian Magazine has announced “Free Museum Day” is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 22. More than 1,250 museums across the country are participating in this event, including 18 in Indiana. Participating Indianapolis-area locations include: Conner Prairie, Indiana State Museum, Museum of Miniature Houses & Other Collections, and Rhythm! Discovery Center. One downloadable ticket is available per e-mail address and provides admission for two people on Sept. 22. Other participating Indiana museums may be found at smithsonianmag.com
10. Two Clubs are coming to Weston . . . .
HIGH FLYERS CLUB: We need to recognize those students that maintain a HIGH level of SUCCESS on NWEA. Students who have made the HFC are students who performed at the 90% or above on the Beginning, Middle, and End of the Year NWEA assessments. See the list of students on the attachment below!
B.U.G.G. CLUB (BRING UP GROWTH GOALS): At the end of the NWEA MAP assessments at Middle and End of the Year we will celebrate Growth! Students have multiple opportunities to become a member of our BUGG Club. If a student has Met Projected Growth they will become a member! So essentially they have three opportunities in Grade 2-3 . . . . Math, Language Usage, and Reading. Two opportunities in Kindergarten and Grade 1 . . . . Math and Reading.
RECOGNITION: Once all of the tests have been administered and scores are calculated we will celebrate and recognize the students in the following manner:
name in our weekly newsletter
Photo tweeted #WESTONproud! #growth4ALL #GCSCpride