Second Grade Newsletter
Mrs. Barita, Mrs. Carrasco, Mrs. Kulesza
*Monday, May 23rd will be "Day 3" for Encore*
Lifework-Week of May 23-27, 2016
- Monday: Read & log your Famous Americans study guide-test Thursday, work on your book
- Tuesday: Read & log, Spelling-Rainbow Style-3 colors
- Wednesday: Read & log, Spelling-ABC order
- Thursday: Read & log, Spelling-Write each word 3 times-test tomorrow
- Weekend: Read & log
*The Young Author's Day book assignment was sent home on May 6th. Please work on it a little bit each week until it is due.
Many thanks to the families that donated items for our baskets, They look amazing! Please join us this Saturday (May 21st) from 10am - 2pm (rain or shine). We hope to see you there!
Service Hours-Due May 31st
Students must complete and log (in the agenda) 10 hours of community service. Parent volunteer hours must be logged into the v-volunteer system. Parents, if you signed up online for an activity or event, or you responded to a flyer or email request, you must manually enter those. Thank you for making sure hours are updated!
All books are due back in the library by Friday, June 3. Lost or damaged books must also be paid for by that date. Checks payable to Pennington or cash (exact change) are acceptable when settling student accounts. We do not charge fines, only the replacement cost of the book. Please contact Mrs. Lahann if you have questions. email@example.com
Spelling Words-Test 5/27/16
Our next unit in Social Studies will be Famous Americans. We will be learn about the lives and contributions of:
- George Washington
- Abraham Lincoln
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Helen Keller
- Susan B. Anthony
- Jackie Robinson
*The Famous Americans test will be on Thursday, May 26th. The study guide is being sent home on Friday, May 20th.
Our last unit in math will be Unit 10 Measurement. Key concepts include:
- Length-inches and centimeters
- Weight-ounces, pounds, grams, kilograms
- Volume-cups, pints, quarts, gallons, liters
- Telling time to the nearest 5 minutes
- Using a calendar
- 5/23-Advisory Council-6p.m.
- 5/24-PTO Spirit Night @ Chick Fil A (Please be sure to give employees the flyer sent home in Friday Folders so Pennington gets credit for your purchase)
- 5/27-Interims go home
- 5/30-NO SCHOOL-Memorial Day Holiday
- 5/31-Students community service hours due
- 6/1-"Transition to Third Grade" Night-6:30-7:30p.m.
6/3-Library Books Due
Barita: Library, Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE
Carrasco: Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library
Kulesza: PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library, Music