Hello Primary 2!
Howdy From Your Resident Room Parent!
I'll be reaching out to you all periodically about a variety of things including:
- Athena community and fundraising events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Classroom 'wish-lists' and needs
- Staff appreciation opportunities
- Holiday gift-giving for the staff
- and P2-specific events and activities
HERE'S WHAT'S COMING UP FOR P2!
CULTURAL FEST Nov 23rd: CALLING ALL P2 PARENTS TO VOLUNTEER!
Cultural Fest is Athena's annual potluck held for families and staff celebrating our diversity. Each family is encouraged to bring a dish representative of their family.
This year, Primary 2 will be responsible for running the portrait station. Athena will provide the backdrop and the camera--We need photographer volunteers to man the camera and snap pictures in 30 minute shifts. No fancy camera knowledge necessary. Really.
Sign up NOW at Athena's Sign Up Genius website!
- Volunteer at the Portrait Station
- Bring a dish for the food table that represents your heritage
- Bring a cake or cupcakes for the cakewalk!
This is also the first year that we'll be doing an 'Open Mic' at the fest. Given the diversely talented parent community of P2 (chefs, artists, entrepreneurs), my hunch is that we probably have a performer or six among us. Hide your talents no longer and sign up for Open Mic at Cultural Fest!
Sign up now by emailing Laura: Laura@AthenaMontessoriAcademy.com
Classroom Support Needed
- Laundry angels
- Library runners
- Holiday celebrations and decorations
- Organizing donated items for holiday or other lessons, such as apples, pumpkins, fresh flowers
- Organizing class play dates
- Helping make materials/cut paper/arts and crafts
- Support with making copies, laminating, etc.
- Managing Wish List for classroom items
We'll hear from our Guides in the next few weeks with details about these efforts. I'll keep you posted!
Phoenix Nest Old School "Facebook"
This year, I put together this old-style 'facebook' with pics of our kiddos from the P2 picture library. Have a look! I'll also send this as an attachment in a separate email in case you have a hard time accessing it here.
Keeping our Phoenix Community Strong
I'd love to hear your ideas about how what we can do to further strengthen the parent community for P2. Please send me your ideas!