How Sustainable Am I?
Measuring my water use and ecological footprint
By the end of the lesson I will:
1) Know how much water I consume daily
2) The size of my ecological footprint
3) How Canada compares to other nations
Life Without Water Is Awkward
Hidden Water Use
What foods require the most water to produce?
Will this information change what you eat?
Water Calculator: How much water do I use?
Complete the CBC water calculator and answer the questions:
1. How much water do you use daily?
2. What is the largest personal water use?
3. Change your responses to see if you can lower your water use. What changes can you make in your daily use to lower the liters used per day?
Ecological Footprint Calculator
The ecological footprint is a measure of the demand a person places on nature through the use of resources (food, oil, water) and the production of waste. This provides a great way to compare nations and individuals.
Using the link below, design your character and complete the quiz. Record the answers to the following questions:
1. How many Earth's does your lifestyle use?
2. Edit your Footprint to see how you can lower your score. What ways can you lower the score?