This Week @ PS 88Q
December 7, 2020
From Mrs. O'Shaughnessy
- During the only opt in time period in November, we had a minimal number of students return to in person learning
- During the first three months of school, our initial number of in person learners decreased, while our remote learners number increased
- Families have opted to learn remotely this past week
- Our Mayor and Chancellor have guided schools to prioritize specific student groups, and maximize the amount of time in school for our in person learners.
Taking into account all of these factors, our school was able to move to a two cohort schedule (schedule 1B), therefore our blended students will be in school 2-3 days a week. In some instances, classes may be able to offer five days in person ONLY IF the number of students who attend in person decreases. We are practicing social distancing and are abiding by room capacity guidelines. On average, our rooms have a capacity between 11 people to 16 people, depending on the square footage.
The NYC DOE has also implemented mandatory COVID 19 testing. All students who are returning must have a signed Covid 19 consent form on file. There are three ways to complete the form:
- On your Operoo Account
- On NYCSA (myschools)
- Paper copy (available online)
We have a master list of all students who must complete the form prior to their first day back, or at drop off. If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedure for Monday and Tuesday if You Need To Complete the Covid Consent Form
What Does Covid Testing Look Like?
As students return, weekly testing will be conducted in all public schools in NYC. Click below for all information about testing.
Welcome to Our New PTA Executive Board
If you would like to reach out to our president, her email is email@example.com
The UFT is Hosting Saturday Classes
Click here to register: