We Are Together Tamanend!
November 10, 2014
Fall Pep Rally 2014
Our students and staff gathered during Tuesday's half day to have our annual Fall Pep Rally and Freshmen vs. Staff Volleyball Game. Our Student Council Officers planned and led us through the Pep Rally starting with the National Anthem sung by Sofia J. Our Cheerleaders performed and led us in the class spirit contest which was won decidely by the Freshman Class! Our Dance Team performed Thriller along with some of our teachers. Our amazing Pep Band ramped up the spirit with their preformances throughout the Pep Rally. And finally, our Tamanend Staff beat the Freshmen at Volleyball with a score of 20-18. What a great game! What a great Pep Rally!
Revolutionary Life Day
Middle School Student-Parent-Teacher Conferences
Nominate a TMS Student for Boomerang Recognition
CB Cares Educational Foundation recognizes and supports the students of Central Bucks School District for living by the 40 Developmental Assets. This month's asset is Resposibility: Young preson accepts and takes personal responsibility for his/her behavior, actions, and decisions at home, and/or at school, and/or in the community. At Tamanend, we encourage our parents and students to nominate TMS students along with our staff members. Please submit your Boomerang nomination using this online survey. Nominations for this Boomerang Asset are due November 16.
TMS Parent Council
Thursday, Nov. 20th, 9am
1492 Stuckert Rd
Upcoming Tamanend Events
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card that gives money to the school you designate every time you shop. Use this link to select Tamanend as your A+ school.
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of the Tamanend National Jr. Honor Society care of Sra. Mars or Sra. Murry.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Notes from Previous Tamanend Connections:
- Effective with the 2014-2015 school year, secondary school parents will be able to view, print, and/or save their child’s report card directly from the Parent Portal. Printed report cards will not be sent home with students. Parents will be able to view report cards for middle and/or high school students for the 1st marking period on November 12th at 8:00 AM. For parent convenience, we will announce future report cards dates at the conclusion of each subsequent marking period in the school newsletter and post them on the school website.
- Students have free access to Office 365 which includes the following programs: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook. Since students have email accounts now through the district, they must use them when emailing Tamanend teachers.
- Parent Volunteers Needed! Please use this link to chaperone, volunteer and support TMS. The code word is TMS.
All students must wear a CB (or old TMS) gym uniform for their Physical Education classes. The cost of uniform items and locks for the 2014-2015 school year are as follows:
- T-shirt = $2.10
- Shorts = $3.60
- Lock= $4.95
If you are purchasing all three items, please write a check out to Central Bucks School District for $10.65. Please include your student's name on the memo line. These will be collected in gym class on the first day your student has gym. Please note, if your student does not have gym until second semester, they do not need to purchase their uniform and lock until the first day of their gym class in the second semester.
Click here for up-to-date calendar information about the 2014-15 school year.
There is a Parent Portal app for your smartphone. Click here for more information.
- Click here to view previous Tamanend Connections from 2014-2015.
- Click here to read previous Backpack Newsflash editions from CB Cares Educational Foundation.
- Students may not arrive to school in the morning until 7:10 AM. That is when staff members are available to supervise students.
- Click here to learn about CBSD efforts against bullying and for resources helpful to parents on this important subject and more.
- To receive text alerts from CBSD, click here.