SPS Rubik's Cube Challenge
All SPS Students
SPS Rubik's Cube Challenge Rules
Participate at any level that works for you!
*Teachers or librarians need to go to https://www.youcandothecube.com/lending-library/rubiks-cube-request-form/3x3?v=SPS19
* Teachers and librarians will use SPS20 as a return code for 2x2 or 3x3
* Trophies will be provided each semester
* Solution Guides will also be provided
*Rubik's Cubes are returned by their due date so others may join the competition
SPS RUBIK'S CUBE CHALLENGE
*Each school can hold their own division competition
*Winners will be declared each semester
*Each school has teams of 8 students (or less)
* 8 students try to collectively solve 25 Rubik's cubes
*Schools can have multiple teams of 8
*Students compete with 25 cubes to solve with their fastest time
*Librarians, teachers, admin, or advisors use timers to determine "best personal time"
*When not used for competition Rubik's Cubes can be used by staff and students for curriculum or just plain FUN!
* Encourage speed solving with teams of 8 students (two more can tag in and out)
* Each team will compete for their "personal best time"
* There will be a timer for each competition (librarian, staff, admin, etc.)
* Teamwork, collaboration, and resilience are the most important skills
* Each school is encouraged to take "snapshots" and share their successes as a district
* We will compete for "winners" each semester based on time
* Rubik's cubes can be used by teachers for curricular purposes at times when they are not being used for the SPS Rubik's Cube Challenge
* It will run similar to our #SPSGreatPuzzleChallenge with a website, snapshots, weekly updates, and dialogue across the district
* There will be a live competition in May in Snohomish if schools are eligible or interested in attending