Updates from the World of PLEFdom
Incorporating Personalized Learning at SEMS and AJ Prep
Technology in Education: Building our Future
SchoolNet of Homebase
SchoolNet is a component of Home Base. It can be used to search for instructional materials, create assessments, and run reports.
BENEFITS OF USING SCHOOLNET:
•One login for PowerSchool and SchoolNet
•Search for K-12 instructional materials
•Lesson plans, Assessments, and Instructional Resources
•Create assessments using an item test bank or manually
•Assign assessments to studentsReview assessment results
Need some more Help? The GCS Instructional Technology and Innovation Department has created resources for you. Click Below for Videos and other resources.
Technology Tidbit - December Cheat Sheet
APPlying for Apps!
Found a new app? Want to see it in the Amplify Market?
Follow the steps according to the GCS app approval process. In a nutshell:
- Download the desired app on your tablet and spend some time with it looking at its functionality, advertisements and overall best uses.
- Complete the app approval rubric.
- Finally, submit the completed rubric to your school's MTAC committee (contact your Media Specialist).
- Your part is complete!
Click here for the app approval process and rubrics (find links at the bottom of the page).
*Please keep in mind, this can be a lengthy process so students will not have access to the requested app right away. Please plan accordingly. Also, this is the process for free apps only. Paid app policies are being determined at this time.
Teacher Spotlight opportunities
- I would like to come and witness your lessons and/or environment. I would like to promote your activities,assignments, and or setup to other teachers. Please contact me asap to setup a time for me to witness your PLE transformation. Be prepared to record an interview along with classroom footage.
Need Help..........Will Travel!!!!
Are you stuck trying to do something?
- Please don't hesitate to contact me if none of the above applies to you! We will blow the dust off of your device and find some creative ways to implement technology in your class. We will focus on your instructional strengths and begin with our three pillars of PLE - Knowing the Learner, Guiding with Standards, and Flexing the Environment. I am on campus twice a week but you have access to great resources digitally and with our mighty PACE teams.