By: Principal Dufrene
Hello Hampshire HS,
Each Monday I will send out my Trojan Times to keep our school community updated on the many highlights and upcoming spotlights taking place at Hampshire High School. It is important that we have an engaging school community that works together so we can provide every student with various opportunities to be successful.
Thank you for a fantastic Week One at Hampshire High School as we began the 2020-2021 school year!!! It was great to see students back in the building and watch teachers do what they do best. I was impressed how well everyone adjusted to new expectations in and out of the classroom.
Our focus the first week was to welcome back our students and reconnect with them while providing "healthy expectations". This week our focus will be on making sure everyone understands how to navigate through Schoology and to provide effective instruction in-person and remotely. Teachers have daily "office hours" so students that are learning remotely at this time can interact with them if they have any questions or need a lesson retaught.
Students, please see Mr. Feazell during your lunch shift in the cafeteria if you have any Chromebook issues. Chromebook login is the beginning of your email for your username and your Office 365 password; for Schoology login it is your beginning of your email for username and your full WVEIS number for the password. To log on use... https://hampshireco.schoology.com
I am extremely proud of how hard our faculty and staff has worked and battled through these challenging times. None of us have all the right answers, but we are committed to giving our best to our students each day so they can be their best. Students and parents, please do not hesitate to reach out to your teacher as needed throughout the school year. Together we will make this a successful year to remember!
- Water & Hand Sanitizing Stations are located throughout the building for student and staff use. Bring your own water bottle to fill up as needed. We also have extra face masks available as you enter the building in the front or back for students that need one.
- Students should drop off parent and doctor notes in the basket outside the main office.
- ALL students recieve a FREE breakfast and lunch each day, so take advantage of this opportunity.
- A BIG Thank You to our custodial crew for going above and beyond to have the school ready for Day One/Week One!
This Week @HHS...
- Tuesday> Stay on top of school assignments...no zeros allowed; B&G Varsity Soccer vs Frankfort at home 5:00 & 7:00.
- Wednesday> Schedule Change Request forms due to counselors (deadline); B&G Cross-Country vs Hedgesville away 5:30.
- Thursday> Give your BEST Effort and Attitude each day; Girls JV & V Soccer vs Keyser at home 5:30 & 7:00.
- Friday> Hampshire Pride Day (wear HHS gear/green & white to show our school spirit/pride); Finish strong; Varsity Football vs Buckhannon-Upshur at home 7:00.
- Saturday> B&G Cross Country vs Berkeley Springs away 9:00.
Healthy & Safety Expectations:
- Reminder to students and parents/guardians to turn in all permission forms to allow students to receive the four available OTC medications if needed and the form for the Nurse Practitioner from EA Hawse.
- Let's #StayInSchool by being responsible...wear face mask, social distance yourself, stay to the rightside of the hallway, follow the directional arrows in the hallways and stairways, no head gear in the hallways, and wash your handsthroughout the day.
- Deadline for schedule change request forms will be this Wednesday so please make sure you drop off your form to the Counseling Office.
- Counseling Assignments...Last name A-K = Mr. Nichols and L-Z = Ms. Anderson.
- September is Suicide Prevention and Awareness Month...please do not hesitate to reach out to your counselor as needed.
HHS Mission & Belief Statements:
- We Believe...
* The faculty and staff are building a culture of success by focusing on 21st Century Skills: Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, Critical-Thinking, and Citizenship.
* Success is the shared responsibility of students, staff, and community.
* All students have the abilty to learn given the appropriate academic, social, and emotional resources.
* Our community is an important part of the Hampshire High School family, and we value their communication and collaboration involving the academic and social aspects fo our school.
Helpful Tips from our Academic Coaches:
- Teachers: How to create a missing work report for specific students? From the gradebook you can sort by missing assignments.