Two Friendly Reminders
Veterans Day and Family Book Club Night
Please join us for two special events coming up at SGE
VETERANS DAY PROGRAM: Friday, November 9th
The Stonegate students and staff look forward to celebrating our American heroes on Friday, November 9th, 2018 Our program will begin promptly at 9:30 AM in our SGE Gymnasium. As our honored Veterans arrive, students and staff will give you the option to be escorted to a special room for light treats and drinks. We hope you will be able to join us!
***CALLING ALL VETERANS!***
If you are planning on attending our Veterans Day program, please give us the pleasure of honoring YOU at our program. Click here to fill out this form. During the program, we will proudly display your information so each attending Veteran can be properly recognized.
PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM ON OR BEFORE WED. NOVEMBER 7TH, 2018
Family Book Club Night: Wednesday, November 14th
WHAT IS FAMILY BOOK CLUB NIGHT?
- Thanks to the generous donation of Duke Energy, we have received hundreds of copies of four books all authored by acclaimed author, Eve Bunting
- Our objective is to have as many families participate by selecting one book per family to read together over a week's timeframe.
- Once your family has had time to read it together and discuss the book (discussion questions will be provided for you), your family will come to SGE on Wed. 11/14 from 6:00-7:00 PM.
- At SGE, your family will be paired up with other families and a staff member to lead a "book club discussion."
- Each "book club" will be located in different parts of our building.
HOW DO I SELECT A BOOK?
- If your family would like to participate, please click the link below to choose one of the four books.
- You can select a book even if you CANNOT participate in the evening of Wed. 11/14.
- While we strongly recommend one book per family, if you'd like to select two books due to the difference in age of your children, feel free.
- However, during the evening of our book club night, please ensure that if your children separate due to different books, please ensure there is an adult to accompany each child.
***DEADLINE FOR BOOK SELECTION IS FRI. NOV. 2ND.***
***BOOKS WILL BE SENT HOME WITH STUDENTS ON MON. NOV. 5TH***