Transcript from 3.31.21 Hybrid Family Information Night
Answers to Questions From Family Information Night
If my student said yes for in person learning and then changed her mind, do we need to let someone know?
- Yes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Has PPS changed the bus routes to account for the expanded boundary for the school?
- Yes, and bus stops may be adjusted in hybrid.
How do we know what days our child will attend? When will cohorts be announced?
- As soon as we have information from the transportation office regarding busses and cohorts, we will share that with families by email.
Does the new schedule change the afternoon advisory period for in person and distance?
- Yes, we will no longer have advisory after April 19.
Will there be a few times for "new" 6th graders to get tours?
- Students will be oriented to the school with their teachers the first week of school.
The students will be filling out a screening form online before school each day?
- Yes. First and Fourth period teachers will check to be sure students have completed the screening.
Are you adhering to the 6 foot distance rather than the 3 foot that Kate Brown recently indicated ?
If a student doesn't have a Chromebook from PPS, but a personal laptop, are they supposed to bring these to in-person classes?
If our kids have their own laptop or chrome book, do they bring it or do they check it out from the school?
- Students will need to have a device in class. They may bring one from home or check one out from the school. If a personal computer/chromebook is lost, stolen, or damaged on the way to/from or during school, replacement or repair is the responsibility of the device’s owner.
Why no Wednesday instruction like we've had?
- There will be some online instruction on Wednesdays, but for Hybrid students, custodial staff need time to clean the building in between cohorts.
Are there Hepa filters in each room?
In the fall would there be instruction on all days as before?
- We hope so! Decisions about the 202-2022 school year will be made by the PPS School Board and senior leadership based on directives from the Governor.
So we should expect about 12 students per cohort?
- Yes. Room capacities at RHMS range from about 10-15 students.
What type of instruction will be happening in the afternoon?
- Teachers will be supporting students with academic material from class, providing social and emotional support, and engaging students activities that compliment online instruction.
How will students that remain home be accommodated to participate?
- Students who chose to opt out of Hybrid, will continue to be supported through comprehensive distance learning.
Does this start 4/19?
Will students who ride the bus be screened by bus drivers?
- Yes and by school personnel.
Is there a second, more concrete questionnaire asking if our child is doing hybrid or was there just the one short one-question survey?
- At this time the district has only sent out one survey.
Besides the Chromebooks, backpack and water bottle what other materials/school supplies do we need to have them bring?
- Students should bring a 3 ring binder, writing paper, utensils and all typical classroom supplies.
If a student starts hybrid, but then decides they do not want/need to participate in hybrid, can they opt out?
- Of course.
Do you know when bus schedules/bus stop information will come out?
- We will be waiting on this information from the transportation department. As soon as we know, we will pass this information along to families.
Can the students access counseling services during hybrid learning?
Will you all provide the location for the kids to go on the blacktop to meet the teacher?
- Teachers will be lined up on the blacktop in alphabetical order. Staff will be available to help direct students as well.
Do we need to let you know in advance if we need a Chromebook from school, or will there be enough onsite?
- We will have Chromebooks available and it would also be helpful if you email us: email@example.com
Will there be outlets provided for kids that bring laptops?
- Charging laptops at school may be problematic. Please send students to school with fully charged devices whenever possible.
Is it correct that the kids will be schooling Monday/ Tue & Thurs/Fri with Wed being a day to finish up school work? and will kids staying at home be on a similar schedule as the hybrid students?
- Students will attend classes on Monday/Tuesday OR Thursday/Friday depending on their cohort assignment. Student schedules can be found here. Translations of the schedule are available on the RHMS website.
Will we be able to choose if the children go on Mo/Tu or Th/Fri?
- We are not able to guarantee cohort preferences because of the complexities of transportation and maintaining class size balances.
Will there be people in the office now when they go back to school?
- Yes. Our secretaries will be in the office supporting students.