Art City Eagles
November 8, 2021
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please contact your child's teacher, call the office or email me - email@example.com.
This week we will recognize Veterans Day with a special assembly starting at 10:00. Each year we remind parents and students about or Veteran Wall. If you have a family member or loved one who has served in our military, please send a picture (you will not get the picture back, so send a copy) along with a short write up about them. We will post that on our wall. These pictures stay up - we don't ever take them down. The wall is between Mrs. Park and Mrs. Huffaker's rooms. It is quite touching! We would love to fill the entire hallway!
Play tryouts are here! We are so excited to begin tryouts and rehearsals for Frozen! Information and music is on the lobby table. Tryouts are after school next week - Monday Nov. 15 for 5th grade at 2:30, Nov. 14 for 4th grade and Nov. 15 for 3rd Grade at 3:15.
A copy of the audition form is available on our school web page, artcity.nebo.edu.
We are very much in need of substitute teachers. If you are interested in substituting at Art City, log onto the EDUStaff website or call 877-974-6338. It is a great way to be part of the school and make a little extra money, too! You can choose to substitute all over Nebo School District, request only certain schools, certain grades, etc. To apply visit www.edustaff.org.
COVID information is below in this newsletter. If you haven't read through this information lately, please take a moment to do so. If your child is feeling ill, has a fever, or if they have a consistent cough please call and excuse them from school.
PE this week: K-5th grade Rhythmic Movement, Drums Alive and cup stackers.
Music this week: K-3rd Turkey Facts, sing 5 Fat Turkeys with instruments. 4-5th learn Ukulele Chords "F", "C7" Sing Simple Gifts. Veterans Day Celebration.
Computers this week: 1st-4th graders will continue working with Little Alchemy 2. 5th graders will finish filming this week.
Library this week: K-5 Introducing new books that have recently been purchased by the library and are ready for student check out starting next week.
Students will be expected to go outside at recess and lunch time unless the air quality is dangerous, the temperature is below 20 degrees or if it is raining or snowing heavily. If you wish for your child to stay indoors, please send a note with them and specify a reasonable time period for them to stay indoors. Being outdoors and having the opportunity to run and play is a much needed and healthy time of the school day.
Watch D.O.G.S. is back this year at Art City Elementary. Our PTA runs this nationally recognized program to engage and involve dads, uncles, grandparents, and father figures, as active members making a difference in the lives of our students. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of your child’s education in 4 significant ways:
ENGAGE with Art City Elementary and make a difference
EMPOWER Eagles with Stand Strong Behaviors
ENABLE Eagles by helping in classrooms and the playground
ENCOURAGE Eagles to soar
We understand you are all busy but even an hour or two out of your schedule would help greatly. When you sign up, you will get to spend time in your child’s class. This may be followed by other areas that you may be able to help out given your availability and requirements from teachers.
A sign up genius will come out next week. Watch for it! Thank you so much for your willingness to help with this wonderful program at Art City Elementary. Once you sign up you will receive additional information and details about your assignment in the school etc.
Nov. 10: Art City to present at School Board Meeting
Nov. 11: Veteran's Day - Assembly 10:00 Wear Red/White/Blue
Nov. 12: Stand Strong Day-dress up in a way you stay strong and healthy or wear an Art City t-shirt
Nov. 15: Frozen tryouts 5th Grade @2:30 pm
Nov. 16: Frozen tryouts 4th Grade @3:15 pm
Nov. 17: Frozen tryouts 3rd Grade @3:15 pm
Nov. 17: BYU Basketball Day - Grades 1-5 attending BYU Women's Basketball game
Nov. 18: Callbacks for Frozen during school hours
Nov. 18: Kindergarten - Springville Community Fieldtrip
Nov. 24-26: No School - Thanksgiving Break
Dec. 10: Stand Strong Day-dress up in a way you stay strong/ healthy or wear an Art City t-shirt
Dec. 13: PTA Zoom BINGO Night
Dec. 17: Last day before winter break - Full day of school
Jan. 3: School Resumes
COVID/Before and After School/Lunch Procedures
Updated COVID Information: The Utah County Health Department has asked us to share the attached document. It contains information about their updated process for using the “Automatic Contact Tracing” system to notify parents of 6-12 grade families about potential COVID-19 exposure and quarantine. They will also use this system on a more limited basis in K-5 grades.
- Masks are NOT required. Any adult or student that prefers to wear a mask is welcome to do so. Those who wish to wear a mask will have our full support.
- As per Health Department instruction, time limits in the lunchroom will continue. Students will have 14 minutes in the lunchroom. We will continue to have outside picnic days for lunch as weather permits. Outside picnic days are so much fun, and students are not held to a time limit since they are spread out on the lawn.
- We will continue to enter and exit from outside classroom doors. This helps us prevent large gatherings in the lobby. As much as possible, please have your children arrive between 8:35-8:45 unless they are eating breakfast. Teachers will be at their outside door to welcome their students at 8:35 each morning. The playground is open, and supervision begins at 8:20.
- Breakfast service begins at 8:15. Students may come right in the front doors and go into the cafeteria to have breakfast. Service ends at 8:40. After students finish eating they may go outside to play on the playground.
- If a positive case of COVID occurs in a class, parents will receive an email letter from our school nurse. You will either receive a letter or a google form to complete. The letter is a form letter, and will contain recommendations for students in that class. Be aware that letters are sent out to the entire class, not just to those students who are sitting by a positive test result like we did last year.
- Students who test positive or have a family member living in the home they reside that tests positive, will need to quarantine. Teachers will provide instruction for students who are on quarantine.
- Water fountains are on and can be used. Students may still bring a water bottle if they wish.
- Sanitizing will continue! Sanitizing stations are in each classroom, by the lunchroom door, in the lobby and in the office. Teachers will continue to have students sanitize at the beginning of the day, when coming in from recess, before and after lunch and anytime a student uses the restroom.
8:15-8:40 A.M.: Teacher Preparation Time
8:15 am: Doors unlocked
8:15 Breakfast Begins
8:20 A.M.: Outside Duty Begins
8:40 A.M.: First Bell/End of Breakfast Service/End of Outside Supervision
8:45 A.M.: Tardy Bell/ School Starts
2:15 P.M. Monday Dismissal
3:00 P.M.: Tuesday-Friday Dismissal
11:25-12:00 P.M.: 1st Grade Lunch
11:35-12:10 P.M.: 2nd Grade Lunch
11:40-12:15 P.M.: 3rd Grade Lunch
11:45-12:20 P.M.: 4th Grade Lunch
11:50-12:25 P.M.: 5th Grade Lunch
AM: 8:45-11:20 Daily
PM: 12:15-2:15 Monday, 12:15-3:00 Tuesday-Friday
Transitional Kindergarten Schedule
AM: 8:45 - 11:00
PM: 12:00 - 2:15
Tuesday – Friday
AM: 8:45 - 11:20
PM: 12:20 – 3:00
AM Session: 8:30-11 (Tuesday - Friday)
PM Session: 11:30-2:00 (Tuesday - Friday)
Crossing Guard Duty (Springville City Police)
900 East Center