By Tayy M. Toney and Antonette Brancheau
- He was a leading voice in the African American community for many years.
- He helped found the NAACP in 1009.
- He was the editor of "The Crisis"
- He didn't like how African Americans were treated so he had to take a stand.
- He founded the UNIA
- "Back to Africa, we have no hatred towards African Americans"
- He was highly critical of him and he felt his organization under mind and discouraged blacks pride and self confidence.
- The FBI charged him with male fraud. He went prison in 1925
- William H. Johnson
- Jesus and Three Marys
- William H. Johnson focus was basically to paint about African Americans.
- His art was important because it was showing how Harlem was. Harlem in a picture
- Langston Hughes
- "Mother to Son"
- The poem was about how him and his mother lived and telling him how it use to be.
- Langston Hughes writings was important because he told stories about African Americans. What he been throughout his life.
- Billie Holiday
- "My Man Don't Love Me"
- She is singing about her man not loving her
- It is one of her popular songs it consulted with females who feel there not loved by there man
Billie Holiday - My man don't love Me
What I learned about the Harlem Renaissance wa