Rasor eNews - January 16, 2016
Lots of things are happening at Rasor!
Please Note - Monday, January 18th is MLK Day; it will be a holiday for students and teachers. Classes will resume on Tuesday, January 19th. Enjoy the extra long weekend!
Career Day Was Awesome!
Special Thanks To:
- Monday, January 19 - MLK Holiday - No school
- Tuesday, January 19 - Parent meeting for incoming 6th graders to Hendrick 7:00-8:00 pm at Hendrick Middle School
- Tuesday, February 5 - Student Council Family Dance Night 6 pm
- Monday, February 8 - Progress Reports go home
- Monday, February 8th -11th - Kindergarten parent conferences
- Friday, February 12 - Valentine Parties
Reflections Contest Results
From left to right
Saachi Mehra, Paige Parsons, Chloe Horton, Christina Ntafos, Zaira Camacho, Marquise Roberts, Liya Chen, Mrs. Byrd
Connor Washington and Saumya Sheth
Yash Mehra and Mrs. Byrd
We are celebrating students!
This year’s reflections theme was “Let your Imagination Fly and the following Rasor students’ art work were recognized.
Chloe Horton has been entered to the next level for her work called “Butterfly World”!!!
Math Night last Thursday was fabulous! Check out how much fun we had!
Coming soon! Rasor Elementary's International Fair
Thursday, February 11, 2016 from 6-7:30
We are hoping you AND your family will come take part in an evening of marvelous colors, sounds and customs. Our students will be wearing their country’s traditional clothing and participating in a fashion show. We will be sending home a participation form through all music classes.
Please make sure your child is appropriately dressed each day.
* Send a coat/jacket on cold/cool days
* Tennis shoes must be worn in PE and be appropriate for physical activity. Students will not be allowed to participate if appropriate shoes are not worn.
Reminder - Free Signing Exact English Sign language Classes
Tuesday Evenings 6:00-7:30 pm
January 12th – March 1st, 2016
Davis Elementary Cafeteria
2701 Parkhaven Dr, Plano, Tx 75075
Please RSVP or direct questions to
Free childcare will be provided. When you RSVP, please indicate number of children and ages.
Beginner and Intermediate classes will be offered
Key Communicators - Upcoming meeting, February 3rd - We still need volunteers
- Attend quarterly meetings
- Obtain information to share with your school community
- Suggest topics of district-wide discussion or interest
- Gain a knowledge of the structure of the administration and how to communicate within it
- Communicate information gained from meetings
- Contact Staci Camp at 469-752-2911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates and locations for meetings:
- February 3, 6:30 to 8 pm - Sockwell Center (6301 Chapel Hill Blvd., Plano, TX 7509)
- April 14, 6:30 to 8 p.m.- Plano ISD Administration Center, Board Room (2700 W. 15th Street, Plano, TX 75075)
Ways to Connect
Grade Level Web Pages and Social Media
Teacher Websites and Twitter - New Sites Added!
Art Website - www.tinyurl.com/artrasor
PACE - www.tinyurl.com/rasorpace
Music - www.tinyurl.com/rasormusic
Kindergarten - www.tinyurl.com/rasorkindergarten
1st Grade - www.tinyurl.com/firstrasor Twitter - Rasor_Firsties
2nd Grade - www.tinyurl.com/rasorsecond (NOTE: when you click on this site, you will be asked to join in order to view)
Third Grade - www.tinyurl.com/thirdrasor Twitter - @RasorThird
Fourth Grade - www.tinyurl.com/fourthrasor5th Grade - www.tinyurl.com/rasorfifth Twitter - @Rasor5th