Sprague High Weekly Oly Updates
A weekly newsletter focusing on all things Sprague!
June 7, 2022
Congratulations to our Class of 2022 Olympians!
Graduation is on Wednesday, June 8th at 7:00 pm at the Oregon State Fairground Pavilion. All graduates must check-in at 6:00 pm (60 minutes prior) to the start of the graduation ceremony time. Graduates will enter through the Senior Gate (East entrance to the Pavilion building) and go to the line-up area. Admission for families and guests will begin at 6:00 pm. Guests should enter through the main entrance (South entrance) to the Pavilion building. Tickets are required for all guests.
For more important information about graduation day, please see the Oly Senior Scoop Newsletter.
2020-2021 Yearbook Pick-Up
June Bell Schedule
- June 14th - 16th - Semester 2 Finals
- June 16th - Last Day of School
Message From the Principal (repeat info from last week)
Sprague Families and Students,
I’ve been sending out quite a few messages over the past month. We’ve got lots of activity going on in our community, on campus and especially as we come to the end of the school year. We are reaching the final stretch of this year! The last week for seniors is this week. All other students have two weeks of classes and then Finals starting June 14th. I encourage all families to reach out to our teachers if you have questions about your student’s progress, grades, or needs as we prepare for Finals. My earnest hope is that all students end the year successfully and enjoy a true summer break.
Our building bond project is progressing well, and we anticipate moving back to our campus on August 29th, 2022. As a reminder, our entire campus is closed for the summer. We do have some access to the stadium for sports events.
Sprague Graduation is June 8th at 7pm at the Fairgrounds. Each family will be getting 9 tickets to attend and we are looking forward to a great celebration for our graduating class. We have several events occurring on campus over the next week as we celebrate our seniors. For information about these events and graduation day, I encourage you to read the Oly Senior Scoop Newsletter.
Please reach out to the Sprague main office with questions - 503-399-3261. Go Olys!
For the month of May we want to recognize students who have turned around their school year or educational career at Sprague.
Being recognized as a turnaround student of the month means that these students have shown resilience in overcoming barriers to make the most of their Sprague experience.
The students of the month for the month of May are:
- 9th Grade: Ty Moseby
- 10th Grade: Kasten O’Steen
- 11th Grade: Katie Stinson
- 12th Grade: Kamryn Martin
Library Book, Textbook and Chromebook Due Dates (repeat from last week)
Wondering what books are checked out in your name?
Follow these easy steps:
- Click Here to arrive at the Destiny Discover website.
- Login (upper right of screen) using student ID (no email address) and password.
- From the Menu, click on My Stuff.
- Seniors need to return Chromebooks and chargers to the library by June 3rd.
- All other students should return Chromebooks and chargers to the library by June 16th, the last day of finals.
Junior Jumpstart & Summer Melt (repeat info from last week)
Junior Jumpstart & Summer Melt is a summer opportunity for 11th & 12th graders exploring post-secondary options to connect with Sprague Staff regarding next steps. Whether your next step is thinking about college, a job, or trade, or if it's to accept/decline a financial aid package, Sprague is here for you! The topics and opportunities are endless! This is your opportunity to ask questions, receive one-on-one instruction during a time that works for you, and maybe even visit a few college campuses over the summer! Visit the College & Career Center for more information!
- Dates: June 22- July 29
- Tuesday - Friday (NO MONDAY)
- 10AM - 12:30PM & 2PM - 4PM (Drop-ins Welcome!)
Junior Jumpstart Sign-up (Juniors): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdq9QCmPmSLfI1h3V56un8zZKCUaZYPmYK-YTmQR4Pw4bnF4A/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0
Summer Melt Sign-up (Seniors): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnGS1sf0AQ01LX3St57EaKM_U74xHQjezR0d0j6dg6Y3Fk8A/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0
Host Family Opportunity
Sprague is passing along this opportunity that is available for our community. This is not specific to Sprague or the Salem Keizer School District.
Our community has the opportunity to welcome some young visitors from France this Summer and we hope your family will consider opening your home to one of them! The students will shadow their hosts and other students during the time in school and participate as much as possible in classroom work and discussions. Evenings and weekends are family time and a chance for them to experience life as part of a typical American family. This kind of experience can make such an impact, not only the visiting students, but also on host families and our entire school community!
The dates of the visit will be: June 29 - July 20, 2022
• want to improve their English (most have very good language skills already but want to practice oral and listening skills!)
• want to become part of the family
• want to make American friends
• want to experience American school
• bring spending money
• have insurance coverage (medical and liability)
• are fully vaccinated against COVID
• provide room, board and warm hospitality
• have a high-school aged child interested in making a new international connection
• share their interests & activities with their visitor
• include student in daily lives
• contribute to global understanding
• are encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID in order to reduce disruptions to the student’s stay
More information about the L&F Hosting Program can be found at: http://www.languageandfriendship.com/hosting/
Click Register as a Host Family
Create your account
Click the activation link in the email sent to you.
Log into L&F account
Click New Application
Complete form and submit (enter Group ID: AG15124
(Use Save button if you need to come back later to finish)