The Falcon's Nest
#TogetherWeFly Update for Armstrong High School 12/4
Mr. Norby's Update
Hello Armstrong Community,
I hope this message finds you healthy and rested after our break from school. We are now down to two weeks and then we will be on winter break. Students continue your great attendance and engagement in your courses and reach out for anything you may need. All of our Armstrong staff is here to support you. I also hope you will take some time on Fridays to share in our student council sponsored “Spirit Days”!
We would also like to welcome our new office staff Lorelei, Sarah, Taylor, and Michelle (new position)! They are great additions to our team and fit our expectation of excellence. The celebration of Hanukkah starts on December 10th and we wish all our families and friends who celebrate the festival of lights, a wonderful and peaceful time with loved ones.
Stay Safe and GO FALCONS!
New Office Staff!
Armstrong Activities/ Athletics Update
Winter Sport Registration
If you are interested in participating in a winter sport, make sure all registration paperwork is turned in before tryouts/first practices begin.
· Registration paperwork can be downloaded on the bottom of this page https://ahs.rdale.org/activities/athletics
· Fee is not required currently. We will collect fees after the tryout process has been completed.
· For those that have registered and turned in a fee, that fee will not be processed until the completion of tryouts.
o Email paperwork to Rebecca_enderlein@rdale.org.
· If you were involved in fall athletics please have parents email Rebecca_enderlein@rdale.org. to get your registration moved to the winter athletic program you are interested in.
Specific Activity contact information:
· Girls Basketball- firstname.lastname@example.org
· Boys Basketball- email@example.com
· Wrestling- William_McCloskey@rdale.org
· Nordic Ski- firstname.lastname@example.org
· Alpine Ski- email@example.com
· Winter Dance- firstname.lastname@example.org
· Boys Hockey- email@example.com
· Girls Hockey- firstname.lastname@example.org
· Swimming- email@example.com
· Musical- firstname.lastname@example.org
· Choir- email@example.com
· Orchestra- Kevin_Martin@rdale.org
· Band- Colin_Woelfle@rdale.org
· Debate- firstname.lastname@example.org
AHS Virtual Spirit Fridays!
A/B Rotation December/January
9th Grade Junior and Senior Mentors
COVID-19 Reminders and Updates:
All families must use the self-screening tool before sending their students to school or school activities each day.
The threshold for sending students home due to illness this school year is lower than usual. Make a plan with family or friends regarding how your student will get home from school if they develop symptoms of illness during the school day. Students without vehicles at school will need to be picked up promptly and will remain in an illness isolation room until picked up.
Please check your contact information in Infinite Campus and make sure it is up to date. For any changes, contact 763-504-8808.
If a student or staff is identified by the Minnesota Department of Health as a close contact of someone with lab-confirmed COVID-19 while at an AHS activity, they will receive notification from the school and explanation of next steps.
If a student or staff is NOT identified as a close contact, but is in an AHS activity group or a classroom with someone who has lab-confirmed COVID-19, they will receive general notification that there was a case of COVID-19 reported in their activity group or classroom.
Attendance line: 763-504-8810
Assistant Principal/AHS COVID-19 Coordinator: Robert Ware, 763-504-8802
School Nurse/AHS COVID-19 Coordinator: Anna Hjerpe, 763-504-8809
More information: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/schools/attendance.pdf
December 11 Mid Quarter (Quarter 2)
December 21-Jan 1 No School
January 18th No School-MLK Day
January 22nd End of Quarter 2
January 25th No School
February 15 &16 No School
Conference Dates for the rest of the school year